ZTE will preinstall Opera Mini on various handsets
Surfing on more phones
Beijing, China, and Oslo, Norway - September 29, 2010
Opera Software and ZTE Corporation, a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, announced that they will cooperate to give ZTE customers across the world a better browsing experience. Headquartered in China, ZTE shipped 28 million handsets globally in the first-half of 2010, which represents a 40 percent increase year-over-year.
According to the agreement, ZTE will preinstall Opera Mini in various handsets that will be distributed globally. Opera Mini, the world's most popular mobile phone browser, delivers the best Internet experience possible on more than 3,000 mobile phone models. The unique Opera Mini technology compresses data by up to 90 percent before sending content to the phone, resulting in faster page loading and lower browsing costs.
"Customers seek access to the Internet and all their favorite websites on their mobiles," said Ding Ning, Vice General Manager of GSM and UMTS Handset Products, from ZTE. "We want to make this experience interesting for our users by offering them Opera Mini on their handsets. This partnership will also help us to strengthen our offering and compete in the global marketplace."
Lars Boilesen, Chief Executive Officer of Opera Software said: "We are happy to partner with an ambitious organization such as ZTE, which works with more than 500 operators in 140-plus countries. Our synergies will help us take the Web to new geographies and reach out to more people."
ZTE is a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions with the most comprehensive product range covering every sector of the wireline, wireless, service and terminals markets. The company delivers innovative, custom-made products and services to over 500 operators in more than 140 countries helping it to meet the changing needs of customers. ZTE's 2009 revenue led the industry with a 36 percent increase to USD 8,820.7 million. ZTE commits 10 percent of its revenue to research and development and takes a leading role in a wide range of international bodies developing emerging telecoms standards. ZTE is also a company with sound corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
ZTE is a member of the UN Global Compact. It is China's only listed telecom manufacturer, publicly traded on both the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock exchanges (H share stock code: 0763.HK / A share stock code: 000063.SZ). For more information, please visit http://www.zte.com.cn.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines