Logitech Unveils New F540 Wireless Headset for Console Gamers
Today Logitech unveiled the Logitech Wireless Headset F540. Designed for console gamers, the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 lets you connect up to three audio devices -- including both your PS3 and Xbox 360 -- and delivers wireless stereo audio and voice chat without cords or tangles.
"We set out to build a great wireless headset for people who like to play at night, but need to keep it quiet so they don't disturb anyone trying to sleep," said Elliott Chin, Logitech's senior manager of product marketing for gaming. "The result is an amazing audio experience for console gamers, no matter when they like to play. The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 delivers superior sound coupled with voice chat and does it all without a single cable running between you and your console."
The Wireless Headset F540 includes a wireless base station with three analog inputs -- making it easy to connect up to three audio devices, including your game console, TV, DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox, MP3 player or other sources.
All the controls you need are right on the headset -- including independent voice and game volume levels, microphone mute, and an input selector that lets you switch between any connected audio source without leaving the couch. For your comfort and convenience, the noise-isolating, over-the-ear design and adjustable padded headband give you an immersive experience and a comfortable fit.
The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 uses 40-mm laser-tuned drivers to deliver detailed stereo sound. And the noise-canceling microphone means you can chat and be heard clearly in your favorite PS3 and Xbox 360 online games.
Logitech's 2.4 GHz digital wireless connectivity delivers gaming-grade wireless performance and frees you from living-room tangles. And there's no need to replace batteries -- the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 is rechargeable, delivering up to 10 hours of play time on a single charge. If you do run low on power, you can recharge while you play. (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.)
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 is expected to be available in the U.S. in October 2010 and in Europe in November 2010 for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.). Please visit this page to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- NVIDIA to refresh Pascal GPU architecture in 2017
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now