Lenovo Combines Best of Netbooks and Ultraportables in New ThinkPad Edge 11 Laptop
Lenovo today announced the new ThinkPad Edge 11-inch laptop, the smallest and lightest member of the ThinkPad Edge family. Created for small-to-medium businesses (SMB), the laptop packs ultraportable-like performance and features into a small form factor PC at an affordable price.
"Just like large businesses, small business customers want laptops that perform without skimping on features that at the same time, fit their unique style and come at the right price," said Dilip Bhatia, vice president, ThinkPad Marketing, Lenovo. "That's why we've created the ThinkPad Edge 11-inch laptop with the latest processors for multitasking, 3G and WiMax for anywhere connectivity and included extra business-focused features like a standard low light sensitive webcamera."
Light on Weight & Size, But No Lightweight on Style & Features
At roughly the size of a paperback book, the 1.1 inch thin laptop weighs less than three pounds1, making it light for carrying in a bag or briefcase. The 11.6 inch screen gives users plenty of room to work on office documents, presentations and even connect to a TV to watch a high definition movie through the HDMI video port. The full-size, contemporary style, spill-proof ThinkPad keyboard makes typing throughout the work day comfortable without less worrying about damage from accidental spills. And the standard low light sensitive webcamera makes video conferences for business or staying in touch with family and friends simple. The ThinkPad Edge 11-inch laptop comes in three color choices: Midnight Black Glossy, Midnight Black Smooth and Heatwave Red Glossy.
A Powerful Performer
The ThinkPad Edge 11-inch laptop, which offers the choice of Intel Core/Pentium or AMD Vision Pro Athlon ultra low voltage processors, provides a responsive computing experience. Users can work nearly all day with up to seven hours of battery life2 and connect to wireless hot spots through WiFi or roam using optional 3G or 4G/WiMAX3 with Qualcomm Gobi technology. Equipped with choices of business- class versions of the Windows 7 operating system, only Lenovo PCs come with Enhanced Experience for Windows 7, which enables them to start up significantly faster than identical configuration, non-optimized PCs. Extras like three USBs and a 4-in-1 media card reader make connecting and charging to peripherals like external hard drives and digital cameras easy. Users can further expand with the optional Lenovo USB Power Hub, which combines a 65 watt AC adapter with four USBs to simultaneously charge the laptop and connect and charge other devices.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkPad Edge 11-inch laptop is available immediately through business partners. Models start at $449. The Lenovo USB Power Hub is also available now for $74.99.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance