Corsair Launches New Power Series Power Supply Line
Quiet, Energy-efficient, Economical 400 Watts Unit Kicks Off New Series
Fremont, CA, October 14, 2008 -Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, announced today a new line of economical, quiet, and energy-efficient desktop computer power supplies. Dubbed Corsair Power, the new series provides unprecedented features at a surprisingly affordable price point.
Building on the tremendous success of previous Corsair units such as the award-winning HX1000W, the new Power series was developed using the same extensive engineering knowledge and rigorous testing to produce a best-in-class power supply for mainstream users. The Power series is designed to offer the best performance available at its price point. Initially available in a 400 Watt model, the CX400W, the Corsair Power series delivers clean and reliable power. Additionally, the Power series features a large number of connectors designed for optimum compatibility with today's PCs, attached to fully-sleeved cables long enough for some of the tallest cases on the market.
"Corsair is very proud to announce an entirely new product line for builders with lower power requirements," said Jim Carlton, Vice President of Marketing at Corsair. "With the first product in the Power series, the CX400W, system builders who don't need high-wattage power supplies finally have an inexpensive and high-quality solution."
Due to its energy-efficient design and Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) circuitry, the CX400W is capable of delivering greater than 80% efficiency ratings, allowing it to run extremely cool and use very little energy, reducing its operating costs significantly. Cooled by a large, thermally-controlled 120mm fan, the CX400W can provide stable, continuous power while remaining whisper quiet.
The Corsair Power CX400W, CMPSU-400CX, is available immediately through Corsair's world-wide authorized dealer channel, with a MSRP of $59.99 USD. All Power series power supplies are backed by a 3-Year Limited Warranty complete with customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Xpress troubleshooting guide. For more information on Corsair products and technology, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc, is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash Voyager and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk . For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now