New Acer AspireRevo Nettop - A Svelte and Strong Performer
Popular for packing power and features in a small footprint, AspireRevo gets a new ID and dual-core processing
IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 28, 2010 - Acer has made its popular, highly adaptable nettop and entertainment center for the home even more appealing. The AspireRevo AR3700 is sporting a new look and faster performance. Available today at leading technology retailers for $349.99, this sleek one-liter nettop now comes in a handsome dark blue chassis with a faster dual-core processor.
About the size of a book, AspireRevo can be mounted on a small foot stand or easily hidden from view by attaching it to the back of a television or LCD with a VESA mounting system. Although compact, the combination of an Intel® Atom D525 dual-core processor, Windows® 7 Home Premium and discrete NVIDIA® ION graphics provides ample muscle for taking on casual games, playback of 1080p HD movies and digital photo editing.
It keeps a low profile not only through its small footprint, but quiet operation. The low power processor and optimized component placement reduce system noise, making this nettop ideally suited for the living room or bedroom.
"The AspireRevo AR3700 is an excellent pick for consumers desiring an affordable device for enjoying digital media that won't take up much space and will integrate well with the home entertainment center," said Steve Smith, senior business manager of consumer desktops for Acer America. "When you consider the flexibility in mounting options, quiet operation and performance for the price, you'll be hard pressed to find a more practical secondary computer for the home."
Outfitted with plenty of features, the AspireRevo boasts 2GB DDR3 SDRAM for efficient multitasking, high-definition audio support for dynamic sound quality and a 250GB SATA hard drive(1) for storing and organizing digital entertainment and productivity files. A multi-in-one media card reader quickly and easily transfers files from digital cameras, smartphones and other devices to the PC and an HDMI port provides connection to compatible digital audio devices, computer monitors and digital TVs. The system also includes six USB 2.0 ports, microphone jacks, 802.11 b/g/n and a wireless keyboard and mouse.
Environmentally-conscious users will appreciate the screw-free design and small size that minimize system and packing materials. The ultra-low-consumption processor also saves power.
The Acer® AspireRevo AR3700-U3002 nettop is available in the U.S. via leading online technology retailers for $349.99.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has achieved the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Globally, Acer ranks No. 2 for total PCs and notebooks.(2) A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to the company's continuing growth, while its multi-brand approach effectively integrates Acer, Gateway, Packard Bell, and eMachines brands in worldwide markets. Acer strives to design environmentally friendly products and establish a green supply chain through collaboration with suppliers. Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement, including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter and London 2012 Olympic Games. The Acer Group employs 7,000 people worldwide. 2009 revenues reached US$17.9 billion. See http://www.acer-group.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- Duran Duran: Streaming music 'is the way forward for the future'
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC