New My Passport Essential Limited Edition Designs Portable Drives - Personalise storage with Signature Styles
WD Collaborates with Design Students at California State University, Long Beach to Make External Hard Drives Fashionable
Sydney, Australia: 27 September, 2010, WD, the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its new 500 GB My Passport Essential limited edition designs portable hard drives, available at OfficeWorks. Consumers can choose from several unique designs that appeal to a wide variety of personal styles, ranging from outdoor enthusiasts to urban trendsetters.
Designed by students at California State University, Long Beach's Industrial Design program, the drives are available in the following styles: Boom Box, Black Hole, Cityscape, Fuchsia Leaf and Wave. The decorative patterns are especially geared for consumers who want to express their individual style while choosing a reliable, ultra-portable place to store their media and back up their valuable work.
The drives are Windows compatible and include WD SmartWare software, which provides a simple, visual method for backup using a single-screen view of the drive's contents.
"The contents of individuals' portable storage contain all the ways they express themselves - music, images, and videos - and tell a story about who they are," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing of WD's branded products group. "Expressing individual style is important. That's why we teamed up with California State University, Long Beach design students, who have their finger on the latest fashion trends."
My Passport Essential limited edition designs portable drives also feature user-selected password protection combined with 256-bit hardware-based encryption. Typically found only on much more expensive drive systems, the encryption acts as a virtual padlock to keep users' data private.
Price and Availability
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Product Name: My Passport Essential Limited Edition Designs
Warranty: Three-year limited warranty
The new My Passport Essential limited edition designs are offered in 500 GB and have a 3-year limited warranty.
My Passport Essential limited edition designs are now available exclusively at OfficeWorks.
My Passport Essential Limited Edition Designs
The new WD My Passport Essential limited edition designs portable hard drives feature:
Five unique designs that let consumers express their individuality;
256-bit hardware encryption for peace of mind knowing that data is protected from unauthorised access;
USB 2.0 interface that powers the drive directly from the USB port on a user's computer (no separate power supply is needed);
Planet-friendly packaging derived from recycled materials to minimise waste;
Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs; and,
A 3-year limited warranty.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading OEMs, systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's website (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card