MSI Incorporates DTS¬ģ High Performance Sound Technology into Laptop
GX660 world leader in laptop audio performance
MSI worked in cooperation with leading high definition audio provider DTS¬ģ, Inc for the first time ever in the development of the GX660. Now, you only need dual channel speakers or headsets to get an incredible surround sound effect. What's more, Dynaudio gives you unique theater-class audio for an all-new laptop audio experience.
Taipei-When you're riveted by heart-pumping battle scenes, dual channel laptop speakers just don't hack it. World-renowned information technology firm MSI worked with global leader in digital audio to incorporate DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC¬ô technology in gaming laptops like the GX660, so that you can enjoy cinema-class sound on your laptop using dual-channel speakers or headsets at no extra cost.
MSI Marketing Director Sam Chern pointed out that DTS' new technology allows the MSI GX660 to give you a rich, immersive surround sound effect using 2.1 channel speakers. MSI also worked with world-famous sound system and recording equipment designer Dynaudio to integrate top-end equipment into the GX660 to give you unprecedented true-to-life audio, whether you're gaming, taking in a movie, or kicking back to some tunes.
Ultimate audio from dual channel technology
Working together for superior sound: DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC¬ô technology makes it unnecessary to contemplate where to place six speakers, because it gives dual-channel laptop speakers rich immersive surround sound experience. DTS' new technology cans also up-mix dual-channel audio to multi-channel to achieve a more immersive experience for stereo content.
DTS Voice Clarification technology: MSI gaming laptops, like the GX660, also come with DTS Voice Clarification technology, so when you're scrapping with a band of orcs, you will still be able to hear your teammates clearly. Other new DTS technologies include Bass Enhancement and Soundstage Expansion. The former boosts bass performance for more layered sound, while the latter extends NB sound to make it resemble acoustics you'd normally find in an opera house or concert hall.
Precision speaker positioning: To build a laptop with superb sound, you need to be meticulous about every detail. Speaker locations and sound field design have to be calculated with precision. MSI worked with world-leader in sound technology Dynaudio to find "just the right spot." In the early stages of development, a great deal of research and countless calculations were carried out on the GX660 to determine ideal speaker locations to obtain obstruction-free sound transmission.
Powerful hardware for performance and power
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 (1GB GDDR5 VRAM) discrete graphics card: MSI's GX660 packs the ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 discrete graphics card with 1GB GDDR5 of display memory for high performance graphics processing, as well as DirectX 11, so the GX660 shows smooth, clear, true-to-life, HD images with depth. It's the gamers' perfect choice for the latest interactive games.
Large capacity RAID 0 dual hard disk architecture: The GX660 supports dual hard disk accelerated architecture. The superior twin hard disk design, not only doubles storage capacity, it increases read-write speed by 70%.
Three DDR3 memory slots: To give NB gamers the power they need, the GX660 is the only laptop equipped with three DDR3 memory slots, so you can expand memory to 12GB, giving your laptop performance heretofore found only in servers.
Latest USB3.0 ports: The GX660 comes with the latest USB3.0 ports which boast transfer speeds of 5Gbps-10 times faster than those of the USB2.0, and 80% higher power transmission, providing vastly higher data transfer and charging speeds for external hard drives, thumb drives, and other handheld electronic devices.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications