Buffalo Technology Unleashes High speed USB 3.0 Blu-ray Drive
Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage and wireless networking solutions, today launched its Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive. Available from September, early USB 3.0 adopters who require fast speed back up to Blu-ray technology will benefit from improved playback and burning performance of Blu-ray discs, DVDs, or CDs. Additionally, the 12-speed drive is ideal for creating back-up videos, photos and music and to standard DVD and CD.
The Buffalo Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive delivers a simple and affordable ultra high-speed Blu-ray writer that can write up to 50GB, on a double layer disc. Additionally the drive allows users to easily convert regular movies to 3D and upscale DVDs and video files to HD quality.
Paul Hudson, Sales Director for Northern Europe at Buffalo Technology comments: "As USB 3.0 is gaining ground and sophisticated digital media like HD and 3D are evolving, there is an increased demand for access to these combined technologies. Buffalo Technology recognises this demand and understands the importance of delivering this technology simply and affordably. The new USB 3.0 Blu-ray burner provides early adopters with a USB 3.0 plug-n-play solution for superfast burning and the best possible play back of Blu-ray, as well as 3D and HD."
Users can start burning and playing Blu-ray discs quickly and easily using the high speed USB 3.0 connection by simply plugging the device into a computer and installing CyberLink Media Suite Software. Only one device will be needed for all optical media as the Blu-ray USB 3.0 drive is compatible with all DVD & CS formats. The device is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports.
New Key Features
Up to 12x Blu-ray Write using a USB 3.0 connection
Up to 6x Blu-ray Write using a USB 2.0 connection with TurboUSB technology
New 3D technology makes movies more dramatic
Experience regular DVDs in near HD quality with the
CyberLink DVD Upscaling Feature
CyberLink Media Suite, Includes PowerDirector,
PowerProducer, PowerDVD, Power2GO, PowerBackup,
InstantBurn, and MediaShow
Ideal for use in making backup videos, photos and music
Read/Write Speeds: [list]
BD-R Single Layer (8x/12x)
BD-R Double Layer (8x/12x)*
BD-RE Single Layer (8x/2x)
BD-RE Double Layer (6x/2x)
DVD-R Single Layer (16x/16x)
DVD-R Double Layer (12x/8x)
DVD+R Single Layer (16x/16x)
DVD+R Double Layer (12x/8x)
Price (UK): £199.99.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teams up with Mercedes to study wireless EV testing
- The UK's Richi Bowzer brings his best mod to the global stage
- The $10,000+ Apple Watch Editions are now being shipped
- Uber testing out its self-driving car on Pittsburgh's streets
- Leaked benchmarks on AMD Radeon R9 390X see it beating the Titan X
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling