BitDefender releases ZBot removal tool
Standalone utility now available as a free download on MalwareCity.com
SYDNEY & AUCKLAND - September 17, 2010 - BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of innovative anti-malware security solutions, today posted a removal tool for the infamous ZBot Trojan, which focuses on stealing online banking details while monitoring system information to obtain additional authentication credentials.
"ZBot is one of the most prolific breeds of malware and new variants appear every day. As a part of its ongoing efforts to inform, educate and help users worldwide in their fight against online threats, BitDefender has created a ZBot Removal Tool to detect and eliminate most of the ZBot variants spotted in the wild," said Catalin Cosoi, head of the BitDefender Online Threats Lab.
The latest variants of ZBot are able to gather the history of websites visited, information completed in online forms and login pages, as well as capturing screenshots of their desktops. ZBot is distributed mainly via spam campaigns and web pages that unwittingly host its malicious payload, usually under the guise of a popular, legitimate application.
The ZBot Removal Tool can be downloaded from the Removal Tools section of http://www.malwarecity.com, a BitDefender initiative for the software security community and a free resource for those interested in online security.
In order to stay safe, BitDefender recommends that consumers install and update a complete antimalware software solution. Users who wish to run a quick virus check can do so for free using the BitDefender's online scanner.
BitDefender is the creator of one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified security software. Since its inception in 2001, BitDefender has continued to raise the bar and set new standards in proactive threat prevention, emerging as the industry's anti-malware innovator. Every day, BitDefender protects tens of millions of home and corporate users across the globe - giving them the peace of mind of knowing that their digital experiences will be secure. BitDefender solutions are distributed by a global network of value-added distribution and reseller partners in more than 100 countries worldwide. More information about BitDefender and its products are available at the company's security solutions press room. More information is available at http://www.bitdefender.com
Latest News Posts
- 'The dress' used for good, now in women's violence awareness campaign
- 'World of Warcraft' gamer dies after 19 hours of uninterrupted play
- Blizzard will soon offer no subscriptions for World of Warcraft
- Apple rumored to launch its new 12-inch Retina MacBook Air in Q2 2015
- Sony not worried about the price of its VR headset during development
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset Review
- my mobo sata port in bios cant see my sdd or hdd or dvd anymore ?
- EP45-UD3R bios settings for mixture of SSD, SATA, and IDE drives
- Inateck FE2006 2.5" USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- PC crashing after GA X97M D3H 7c Bios
- Razer Makes Razer Chroma SDK Available
- ESL Releases First Mobile App for Events
- ADATA Launches IHSS312 Industrial Half-Slim SSD
- Logitech Announces G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G.SKILL Announces 2nd Annual "OC World Cup 2015" Overclocking Competition