BitDefender releases ZBot removal tool
Standalone utility now available as a free download on MalwareCity.com
SYDNEY & AUCKLAND - September 17, 2010 - BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of innovative anti-malware security solutions, today posted a removal tool for the infamous ZBot Trojan, which focuses on stealing online banking details while monitoring system information to obtain additional authentication credentials.
"ZBot is one of the most prolific breeds of malware and new variants appear every day. As a part of its ongoing efforts to inform, educate and help users worldwide in their fight against online threats, BitDefender has created a ZBot Removal Tool to detect and eliminate most of the ZBot variants spotted in the wild," said Catalin Cosoi, head of the BitDefender Online Threats Lab.
The latest variants of ZBot are able to gather the history of websites visited, information completed in online forms and login pages, as well as capturing screenshots of their desktops. ZBot is distributed mainly via spam campaigns and web pages that unwittingly host its malicious payload, usually under the guise of a popular, legitimate application.
The ZBot Removal Tool can be downloaded from the Removal Tools section of http://www.malwarecity.com, a BitDefender initiative for the software security community and a free resource for those interested in online security.
In order to stay safe, BitDefender recommends that consumers install and update a complete antimalware software solution. Users who wish to run a quick virus check can do so for free using the BitDefender's online scanner.
BitDefender is the creator of one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified security software. Since its inception in 2001, BitDefender has continued to raise the bar and set new standards in proactive threat prevention, emerging as the industry's anti-malware innovator. Every day, BitDefender protects tens of millions of home and corporate users across the globe - giving them the peace of mind of knowing that their digital experiences will be secure. BitDefender solutions are distributed by a global network of value-added distribution and reseller partners in more than 100 countries worldwide. More information about BitDefender and its products are available at the company's security solutions press room. More information is available at http://www.bitdefender.com
Latest News Posts
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- DARPA developing vehicle disappearing technology
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent