BitDefender releases ZBot removal tool
Standalone utility now available as a free download on MalwareCity.com
SYDNEY & AUCKLAND - September 17, 2010 - BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of innovative anti-malware security solutions, today posted a removal tool for the infamous ZBot Trojan, which focuses on stealing online banking details while monitoring system information to obtain additional authentication credentials.
"ZBot is one of the most prolific breeds of malware and new variants appear every day. As a part of its ongoing efforts to inform, educate and help users worldwide in their fight against online threats, BitDefender has created a ZBot Removal Tool to detect and eliminate most of the ZBot variants spotted in the wild," said Catalin Cosoi, head of the BitDefender Online Threats Lab.
The latest variants of ZBot are able to gather the history of websites visited, information completed in online forms and login pages, as well as capturing screenshots of their desktops. ZBot is distributed mainly via spam campaigns and web pages that unwittingly host its malicious payload, usually under the guise of a popular, legitimate application.
The ZBot Removal Tool can be downloaded from the Removal Tools section of http://www.malwarecity.com, a BitDefender initiative for the software security community and a free resource for those interested in online security.
In order to stay safe, BitDefender recommends that consumers install and update a complete antimalware software solution. Users who wish to run a quick virus check can do so for free using the BitDefender's online scanner.
BitDefender is the creator of one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified security software. Since its inception in 2001, BitDefender has continued to raise the bar and set new standards in proactive threat prevention, emerging as the industry's anti-malware innovator. Every day, BitDefender protects tens of millions of home and corporate users across the globe - giving them the peace of mind of knowing that their digital experiences will be secure. BitDefender solutions are distributed by a global network of value-added distribution and reseller partners in more than 100 countries worldwide. More information about BitDefender and its products are available at the company's security solutions press room. More information is available at http://www.bitdefender.com
Latest News Posts
- Lawmakers want automakers to answer questions about connected security
- Apple scrambles to release fix for widespread iMessage glitch
- Migration from PCs towards wearables and IoT expected at Computex 2015
- QNAP releases a NAS with more computing power than my desktop
- Using virtual reality to help medical patients walk again
- PC starts by turning off USB HD
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- EVGA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-X Hybrid
- QNAP Announces the AMD-powered TS-563 NAS
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award