TRENDnet Launches Two New Power Saving Gigabit GREENnetT Switches
TORRANCE, Calif. -September 16, 2010-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the 16-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch, model TEG-S16Dg, and the 24-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch, model TEG-S24Dg, which feature TRENDnet's embedded power saving GREENnetT technology.
GREENnetT is a TRENDnet switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENnetT technology can reduce port-based power consumption by up to 40% for 10/100Mbps switches, and 70% for Gigabit switches.
The 16-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch, model TEG-S16Dg, provides high bandwidth performance, ease of use, and reliability, all while reducing power consumption by up to 70%. Embedded GREENnetT technology works right out of the box with no management requirement. Boost office network efficiency and eliminate network congestion with 16 Full Duplex Auto-Negotiation Gigabit ports and a total switching capacity of 32Gbps. A built in universal power supply reduces cable clutter and diagnostic LEDs help with network troubleshooting. Plug and Play this sturdy metal switch for reliable high-speed network connectivity. It comes with a three-year limited warranty and rackmount hardware. The TEG-S16Dg will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month, with an MSRP of U.S. $159.99.
The Plug and Play 24-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch, model TEG-S24Dg, offers a total switching capacity of 48Gbps. Diagnostic LEDs for the 24 Full Duplex Auto-Negotiation Gigabit ports convey port status. This switch sports a built in universal power supply which reduces cable clutter, a sturdy metal enclosure, and rackmount hardware. The TEG-S24Dg comes with a three-year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month. The MSRP for the TEG-S24Dg is U.S. $219.99.
"More and more businesses are discovering the quality and performance that TRENDnet products offer," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "Favorable product lifespan costs, combined with an industry leading warranty, provide a compelling value proposition for TRENDnet GREENnetT switches."
Full List of TRENDnet GREENnetT Products:
• TEW-691GR: 450Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
• TEW-673GRU: 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
• TEW-652BRP: Wireless N Home Router
• TEW-651BR: 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router
• TEW-639GR: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
• TEW-634GRU: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router with USB Port
• TEW-436BRM: 54Mbps Wireless G ADSL 2/2+ Modem Router
• TEG-S24Dg: 24-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TEG-S16Dg: 16-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TEG-S80Dg: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TEG-S80g: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TEG-S50g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TEG-S5g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
• TE100-S24g: 24-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
• TE100-S16g: 16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
• TE100-S16Eg: 16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
• TE100-S80g: 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
• TE100-S50g: 5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support.
Further Reading: Read and find more Networking press releases at our Networking PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!