OCZ Technology Announces Next Generation Ultra-Low and Extreme-Low Voltage DDR3 Memory Kits
New Solutions Offer Significant Power-Savings and Excellent Stability Without Sacrificing Performance on the Latest Platforms
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, unveils new Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) and Extreme-Low Voltage (ELV) high-speed DDR3 desktop memory, providing the optimal balance of performance and power efficiency in one solution. Committed to staying ahead of the curve, OCZ is offering enthusiast-grade memory that complies with the latest JEDEC "DDR3L" low-voltage standards which ensures that system RAM runs cooler and more efficiently during intensive multi-tasking, gaming, and productivity applications.
"We are pleased to announce a complete range of low-voltage memory offerings designed for the latest crop of energy efficient platforms," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management. "In the past, lower voltage meant lower performance, but now with our extreme-low voltage optimized memory, consumers don't have to sacrifice high performance to also achieve energy savings."
Developed for next generation platforms, OCZ Platinum ELV solutions run at only 1.35 volts and are the choice counterparts for leading-edge performance and reliability, meeting the demand for high-speed memory to function farther below the upper voltage threshold of Intel(R) Core(TM) i3, i5, and i7 processors. With an ideal combination of speed and latency, OCZ Platinum ELV 6GB and 4GB memory kits are specifically designed and qualified on a range of motherboards supporting this low voltage feature.
In addition to ELV solutions, OCZ's new Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) and Gold ULV memory operate at 1.5 volts for power savings over the maximum recommendation of 1.65V for the latest enthusiast and mainstream Intel platforms. Furthermore, Reaper and Gold ULV kits are available in high-density 12GB and 8GB configurations, supporting the latest memory-hungry applications and games with superior performance and maximum productivity, all while helping to maintain a cooler case environment.
OCZ DDR3 ELV and ULV triple-channel and dual-channel memory kits are available in PC3-12800 (1600MHz) and PC3-10666 (1333MHz) speed ratings, are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance, and feature propriety XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) and Reaper HPC heatspreaders for more effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ module is backed by the OCZ Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ"), is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!