IcyDock releases MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter
Icy Dock has changed the game yet again with the new MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter. The MB982 is predicated off the incredibly popular MB882SP-1S-1B device, taking its general concept and improving it tenfold. This product is designed using the dimensions, connection locations, and mounting hole positions of a standard 3.5" drive, so that it can be used in any internal hard drive bay, as well as with backplane and hot swap modules.
The new converter utilizes a full metal design, creating a better environment for cooling, as well as giving it a rock solid construction, ideal for industrial, enterprise, and military applications. Improving upon the original, the MB982 can now handle both SAS and SATA drives, including the Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM drives. To allow for 12.5mm and 15mm drive heights, we have included our SmartFit Technology, which secures the drive in its place whether it is a thin 9.5mm or thick 15mm.
The MB982 also includes most of the features that you already expect from an Icy Dock product: an effortless installation process without any tools or screws, plenty of ventilation slots to keep any drive used running cool and efficient, and a unique and stylish design. The top, front and rear allow air to flow through, and a special vent on the bottom gives the user visual confirmation that the drive has made a secure connection.
* Converts your 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA/SAS hard drive, for 3.5" SATA/SAS drive bay usage.
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Compatible With Most 3.5" HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For System Integrators and IT Professionals.
* Compatible with 15mm height drives.
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent