HABEY DS-540E 4-bay eSATA/USB 2.0 Storage Enclosure with Hardware RAID for under $200
RAID 0/1/3/10/5 is ready right out of the box
LOSANGELES, CALIF. - September 10, 2010 -- HABEY USA, a leading manufacturer of embedded computer and server storage products, today announces a new addition to its DS storage array product line, the DS-540. This new desktop system runs hardware RAID 5 or other RAID configuration right out of the box, eliminating the need for additional RAID controller. The dual-interface provides connections for eSATA and USB 2.0 for flexibility. The eSATA port also supports port multiplication. The unit is hot-pluggable and recognized by both Mac and Windows without installing software.
The DS-540N external SATA (eSATA) / USB 2.0 Storage Array RAID Subsystem with built-in hardware RAID engine and Port Multiplier , supports both 1.5 Gb/s and 3Gb/s Serial ATA transfer rates. Connected to the host system via eSATA or USB Port , this subsystem gives your more than 10 times the data transfer speed of an average Network-Attached Storage (NAS) and massive hard drive space capability. The self-contained storage processor supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 0+1, JBOD and CLONE functions, enabling the system to free up the host system CPU loading completely and providing a protected, easy to manage, cost effective storage solution.
- High Speed eSATA and USB 2.0 interface
- Over 10x faster than average NAS system
- Supports Full HD video stream at 200+MBps
- 4-bay 8TB + massive storage capacity support
- Advance hardware-accelerated RAID Engine
- Fully hardware-accelerated RAID Engine
- Supports RAID levels 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / JBOD / CLONE
- Supports greater than 2 Terabyte RAID drive and hot-spare
- Supports on-line Auto-Rebuild at 200GB/hour
- Rebuild proceed continuously between power cycling
- RAID 3 / 5 write-back cache to enhance performance
Read more: http://www.habeyusa.com/EDM/9-10-10_Habey_DS-540_EPR.html
Available at the following online retailers for under $200:
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse