EIZO Releases 23-inch Full-HD Home Entertainment Monitor
Eizo Nanao Corporation today announced the FORIS FS2331, a 23-inch full high-definition (1920 x 1080 native resolution) monitor for home entertainment. "The FORIS FS2331 is designed to do many things very well at a competitive price," said Minoru Kontani, senior manager of EIZO's Overseas Sales & Marketing Department. "We expect it to appeal to a wide range of consumers who are looking for a stylish monitor on which they can enjoy gaming, watching movies, photo editing, and reading ebooks."
The FORIS FS2331's versatile connections include dual HDMI inputs to connect with devices such as Blu-ray disc players, HD game consoles, and computers. Up to four PCs can be connected at once using DVI-D (digital) and D-Sub (analog) PC inputs along with the HDMI inputs.
For home cinema viewing, the FORIS FS2331 offers several features for realistic moving image playback. EIZO's ContrastEnhancer corrects gamma levels in both dark and light images to the ideal levels and raises the LCD panel's dynamic contrast ratio from 3,000:1 to 10,000:1 yielding deep blacks and fine details in dark movie scenes. The monitor also features a VA (vertical alignment) panel with horizontal and vertical viewing angles of 178° and brightness of 300 cd/m².
Six preset modes are included to ensure the color settings are ideal for any application: Cinema, Paper, sRGB, Game, and two modes for user adjustable settings. Paper mode simulates printed paper and helps prevent eyestrain when reading ebooks or documents by adjusting the black level and reducing the contrast ratio.
Game mode activates two EIZO features called "Power Resolution" and "Power Gamma." Power Resolution makes the details in both low and high resolution games look clearer and sharper. Power Gamma applies a special gamma curve to games and other animated images that amplifies the feeling of contrast to make them look more three dimensional. Other features that optimize the monitor's performance for gaming are a gray-to-gray response time of just 7 ms and an input lag of less than one frame.
With the bundled ScreenManager Pro for LCD utility software1, any preset mode can be assigned to an application so that when the application is opened, the screen automatically changes to its assigned mode. This software can also be used for adjusting the monitor's color settings with the mouse or keyboard instead of the OSD menu.
The FORIS FS2331 debuts a new cabinet design that features a long, narrow imprint that runs from side to side across the lower front bezel. The imprint is for affixing a red, gray, or blue color stripe so users can personalize the appearance of their monitor. The color stripes are included.
For amateur digital photography enthusiasts, this monitor is compatible with EIZO EasyPIX, an optional color matching tool for simple color matching between the monitor and photo prints.
EIZO EasyPIX measures and saves the monitor's settings and creates a color profile. It consists of color matching software and EIZO's EX1 color sensor. For photo editing, gaming, and other tasks where color display is critical, the FORIS FS2331 includes 10-bit gamma correction. This function uses a 10-bit look-up table with a palette of more than one billion colors to select the most appropriate 16.7 million colors for smooth display of color gradations without banding.
Remote control for access to the OSD, selecting the active input signal, adjusting volume, etc.
Dual 0.5 watt internal speakers and a headphone jack.
Auto EcoView brightness sensor that reads the ambient lighting and adjusts the screen's brightness to the ideal level.
EcoView Index gauge that encourages environmental consciousness by indicating power savings from using Auto EcoView.
Energy Star 5.0 and TCO Displays 5.1 compliance.
Five-year manufacturer's limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- GIVEAWAY: ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4