Logitech Ships 100 Millionth Wireless Mouse
Introduced First Wireless Mouse in 1991, Continues Innovating for Way Computers Used Today
FREMONT, Calif. - Sept. 8, 2010 - Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced the shipment of its 100 millionth wireless mouse. Logitech introduced the world's first radio-frequency (RF) based mouse for computers in 1991, initiating a revolution that transformed wireless technology from an industry novelty to a core part of today's computing experience.
"Logitech mice have played an integral role in improving the computing experience for millions of people, and our wireless mice build on that heritage," said Rory Dooley, Logitech senior vice president and general manager of the Control Devices business unit. "Today, our wireless mice deliver a robust feature set combined with unparalleled ease of use and precision. And the new mice we offer in a variety of colors and patterns provide consumers with an element of self expression while they use their laptop and mouse to seamlessly navigate their favorite content."
Logitech chose RF technology in 1991 to improve on line of sight constraints associated with the infrared (IR) technology found in previous generations of wireless peripherals. Unlike IR, RF technology lets you orient your mouse in any direction without worrying about the position of the receiver - you could place it behind your computer or even under your desk to eliminate clutter. Since that time, Logitech has continued to improve the consumer experience with wireless innovations such as the tiny nano-receiver and Logitech® Unifying technology that delivers faster and more reliable 2.4 GHz connectivity.
The Logitech® Unifying receiver delivers Logitech® Advanced 2.4 GHz connectivity in a receiver that is small enough to stay in your laptop when you're on the go. Plus, you can easily add up to 6 Unifying ready products to one receiver so you don't fill up your computer's USB ports. Logitech's Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity keeps you connected with virtually no delays or dropouts at a range of up to 10 meters. And it includes 128-bit AES keyboard encryption-one of the highest levels of security available, so your information is protected as it travels from peripheral to computer.
While Logitech's first wireless mouse had an MSRP of $150, the company now offers wireless mice with 2.4 GHz technology in the tiny leave-in nano-receiver, for as little as $24.99. This sharp reduction in price combined with Logitech's advancements in wireless innovation make our wireless mice a compelling purchase for computer users around the world. For more information about Logitech wireless mice, please visit http://www.logitech.com/mice.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now