Logitech Ships 100 Millionth Wireless Mouse
Introduced First Wireless Mouse in 1991, Continues Innovating for Way Computers Used Today
FREMONT, Calif. - Sept. 8, 2010 - Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced the shipment of its 100 millionth wireless mouse. Logitech introduced the world's first radio-frequency (RF) based mouse for computers in 1991, initiating a revolution that transformed wireless technology from an industry novelty to a core part of today's computing experience.
"Logitech mice have played an integral role in improving the computing experience for millions of people, and our wireless mice build on that heritage," said Rory Dooley, Logitech senior vice president and general manager of the Control Devices business unit. "Today, our wireless mice deliver a robust feature set combined with unparalleled ease of use and precision. And the new mice we offer in a variety of colors and patterns provide consumers with an element of self expression while they use their laptop and mouse to seamlessly navigate their favorite content."
Logitech chose RF technology in 1991 to improve on line of sight constraints associated with the infrared (IR) technology found in previous generations of wireless peripherals. Unlike IR, RF technology lets you orient your mouse in any direction without worrying about the position of the receiver - you could place it behind your computer or even under your desk to eliminate clutter. Since that time, Logitech has continued to improve the consumer experience with wireless innovations such as the tiny nano-receiver and Logitech® Unifying technology that delivers faster and more reliable 2.4 GHz connectivity.
The Logitech® Unifying receiver delivers Logitech® Advanced 2.4 GHz connectivity in a receiver that is small enough to stay in your laptop when you're on the go. Plus, you can easily add up to 6 Unifying ready products to one receiver so you don't fill up your computer's USB ports. Logitech's Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity keeps you connected with virtually no delays or dropouts at a range of up to 10 meters. And it includes 128-bit AES keyboard encryption-one of the highest levels of security available, so your information is protected as it travels from peripheral to computer.
While Logitech's first wireless mouse had an MSRP of $150, the company now offers wireless mice with 2.4 GHz technology in the tiny leave-in nano-receiver, for as little as $24.99. This sharp reduction in price combined with Logitech's advancements in wireless innovation make our wireless mice a compelling purchase for computer users around the world. For more information about Logitech wireless mice, please visit http://www.logitech.com/mice.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS