Corsair Dominator GT (GTX6) breaks two DDR3 Memory Speed World Records
- Extreme overclocker "Mat" achieves 3078.2MHz, CL8 and 3059.4MHz, CL7 -
FREMONT, California - September 8, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced that its Dominator® GT GTX6 ultra-high performance DDR3 memory was used to set two new world records for dual-channel memory frequency at CAS 7 and CAS 8.
The record-setting frequencies of 3078.2 MHz, CL8-11-8-31, 1T, and 3059.4 MHz, CL7-11-8-31, 1T, were achieved by renowned extreme overclocker "Mat", aka Matthias Zronek, from http://www.overclockers.at.
"I've worked with the Corsair Dominator GT memory for quite some time now, and can easily say that these are great memory modules, dedicated to world-record overclocking," stated Matthias Zronek. "What surprised me the most is the potential of the Domintator GT GTX6. Even at 3000MHz and higher frequencies, at CL7, there is still headroom for lots of optimization."
The hardware used included a Gigabyte P55A-UD7 motherboard, Intel® Core i7-870 processor, and a pair of Corsair Dominator GT CMGTX6 modules. Corsair's innovative modular DHX+ technology allowed a Besi Memory-Freezer to be directly attached to the memory heat sinks, enabling benchmarking temperatures as low as -90 degrees C using liquid nitrogen.
Independent validation of these world record achievements can be found at the CPU-Z validation database:
Full details about the world records, and how they were achieved, can be seen on the Xtremesystems forums, here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258612
For more information on Corsair Dominator GTmemory, please visit: http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt/
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's patented DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Cooling Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording