Fractal Design Launches the Define XL PC Case
As the name implies, Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Similar to Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use.
The XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material, covered with a soft foam texture. This material effectively absorbs noise generated by the components and fans inside. Paired with other noise preventing features such as a covered top panel with a 180mm fan mounted with an angle to blow out air in the rear and silicone grommets for hard drive mounting, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
Another unique feature with the XL is the ModuVent feature, inherited from the Define R2/R3 case. This is a cover fitted with noise absorbing material, mounted in the side panel fan hole, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Apart from all these features, XL also offers excellent cable routing possibilities, with large holes and well enough space for cables behind the M/B plate. The cable routing holes are covered with silicone covers, effectively hiding the cable clutter. A fan controller, which can be mounted in an expansion slot in the rear, is included. It can control up to three fans with one knob.
Pre-fitted with noise absorbing material
Configurable thermal chamber design
Great cooling possibilities, 3x fans included (2x 140mm, 1x 180mm)
10x HDD slots
Unique ModuVent design in side panel
4x 5,25" bays, 1x 5,25" to 3,5" converter included
mini-itx, micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboard
10x HDD trays. 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable. 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter. A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
ModuVent feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
2x 140mm fans (one 140mm included, one optional) with removable and washable filters, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 120mm fan optional with removable and washable filter, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 140mm fan included in the rear of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 120/140mm fan optional in the side of the case. Recommended for intake of air.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller