Fractal Design Launches the Define XL PC Case
As the name implies, Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Similar to Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use.
The XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material, covered with a soft foam texture. This material effectively absorbs noise generated by the components and fans inside. Paired with other noise preventing features such as a covered top panel with a 180mm fan mounted with an angle to blow out air in the rear and silicone grommets for hard drive mounting, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
Another unique feature with the XL is the ModuVent feature, inherited from the Define R2/R3 case. This is a cover fitted with noise absorbing material, mounted in the side panel fan hole, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Apart from all these features, XL also offers excellent cable routing possibilities, with large holes and well enough space for cables behind the M/B plate. The cable routing holes are covered with silicone covers, effectively hiding the cable clutter. A fan controller, which can be mounted in an expansion slot in the rear, is included. It can control up to three fans with one knob.
Pre-fitted with noise absorbing material
Configurable thermal chamber design
Great cooling possibilities, 3x fans included (2x 140mm, 1x 180mm)
10x HDD slots
Unique ModuVent design in side panel
4x 5,25" bays, 1x 5,25" to 3,5" converter included
mini-itx, micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboard
10x HDD trays. 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable. 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter. A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
ModuVent feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
2x 140mm fans (one 140mm included, one optional) with removable and washable filters, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 120mm fan optional with removable and washable filter, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 140mm fan included in the rear of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 120/140mm fan optional in the side of the case. Recommended for intake of air.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo announces the VIBE Shot at MWC 2015, a 2-in-1 camera smartphone
- Set off 'John Wick' in our Blu-ray giveaway, thanks to Roadshow
- Samsung's Galaxy S6 is demolishing the competition in early benchmarks
- AVG reveals eyeglasses that make you invisible to facial recognition
- Epic Games makes Unreal Engine 4 free for all
- ScaleUp 3,000mAh Portable Battery with LCD Review
- x79s-up5 f3 bios
- ASRock B85M-ITX + Nofan CR-95C?
- Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 SMB NAS Review
- Asus x75a motherboard replacement
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams