Fractal Design Launches the Define XL PC Case
As the name implies, Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Similar to Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use.
The XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material, covered with a soft foam texture. This material effectively absorbs noise generated by the components and fans inside. Paired with other noise preventing features such as a covered top panel with a 180mm fan mounted with an angle to blow out air in the rear and silicone grommets for hard drive mounting, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
Another unique feature with the XL is the ModuVent feature, inherited from the Define R2/R3 case. This is a cover fitted with noise absorbing material, mounted in the side panel fan hole, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Apart from all these features, XL also offers excellent cable routing possibilities, with large holes and well enough space for cables behind the M/B plate. The cable routing holes are covered with silicone covers, effectively hiding the cable clutter. A fan controller, which can be mounted in an expansion slot in the rear, is included. It can control up to three fans with one knob.
Pre-fitted with noise absorbing material
Configurable thermal chamber design
Great cooling possibilities, 3x fans included (2x 140mm, 1x 180mm)
10x HDD slots
Unique ModuVent design in side panel
4x 5,25" bays, 1x 5,25" to 3,5" converter included
mini-itx, micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboard
10x HDD trays. 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable. 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter. A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
ModuVent feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
2x 140mm fans (one 140mm included, one optional) with removable and washable filters, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 120mm fan optional with removable and washable filter, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 140mm fan included in the rear of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
1x 120/140mm fan optional in the side of the case. Recommended for intake of air.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition