Antec's New soundscience Speaker System Delivers Full High-Definition 3D Performance
Antec Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories, for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets presents the formation of soundscience (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Antec) and introduces the all new 3D 2.1 speaker system: soundscience rockus. The new soundscience speaker system will be introduced at this year's IFA trade show held in Berlin, from September 3 - 8, 2010 at the IFA Reseller Park, Hall 9, Booth 101.
Designed to deliver an audio experience matching the visual immersion of 3D video, the soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system is the best way to experience game and movie sound in 3D. 3Dsst, soundscience's proprietary 3D technology, actively analyses incoming stereo audio signals and intelligently places them into a 3D sound field. The results are realistic, immersive 3D soundscapes for your movies and games from 2.1 speakers.
The rockus also features a dedicated music mode optimized for superb stereo sound reproduction, letting you hear your music with clarity and fidelity.
"People might be surprised to find out how many audio fanatics are part of the Antec team; we have a passion for great sound and wanted to launch our soundscience brand with a truly unique product." says Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "The rockus speaker system delivers the expansive, enveloping audio experience of a traditional home theater system, yet it fits in any room. There's no need for complicated whole-room setups or messy, difficult cabling. Plus, with analog and optical connectivity, it's easy to get 3D sound from your computer, tablet, game console, mp3 player or any audio gear."
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system features:
Anodized aluminum satellites that reduce vibration and minimize distortion, resulting in clear mid and sparkling high-range sound
Active subwoofer with passive radiator technology, delivering an expansive range of bass comparable to larger footprint subwoofers
3D-tuned drivers to deliver audio optimized for soundscience's 3Dsst technology
Dual-mode operation: 3D mode for enveloping games and movies, and music mode for faithful stereo music playback
Optical input for playback of digital audio from game consoles (xbox360, PS3,) and other, similarly equipped devices
Remote control pod for volume adjustment, 3D/music mode selection, muting and digital/analog input selection
Pricing and availability
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $249.95.
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio