Antec's New soundscience Speaker System Delivers Full High-Definition 3D Performance
Antec Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories, for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets presents the formation of soundscience (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Antec) and introduces the all new 3D 2.1 speaker system: soundscience rockus. The new soundscience speaker system will be introduced at this year's IFA trade show held in Berlin, from September 3 - 8, 2010 at the IFA Reseller Park, Hall 9, Booth 101.
Designed to deliver an audio experience matching the visual immersion of 3D video, the soundscience rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system is the best way to experience game and movie sound in 3D. 3Dsst, soundscience's proprietary 3D technology, actively analyses incoming stereo audio signals and intelligently places them into a 3D sound field. The results are realistic, immersive 3D soundscapes for your movies and games from 2.1 speakers.
The rockus also features a dedicated music mode optimized for superb stereo sound reproduction, letting you hear your music with clarity and fidelity.
"People might be surprised to find out how many audio fanatics are part of the Antec team; we have a passion for great sound and wanted to launch our soundscience brand with a truly unique product." says Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "The rockus speaker system delivers the expansive, enveloping audio experience of a traditional home theater system, yet it fits in any room. There's no need for complicated whole-room setups or messy, difficult cabling. Plus, with analog and optical connectivity, it's easy to get 3D sound from your computer, tablet, game console, mp3 player or any audio gear."
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system features:
Anodized aluminum satellites that reduce vibration and minimize distortion, resulting in clear mid and sparkling high-range sound
Active subwoofer with passive radiator technology, delivering an expansive range of bass comparable to larger footprint subwoofers
3D-tuned drivers to deliver audio optimized for soundscience's 3Dsst technology
Dual-mode operation: 3D mode for enveloping games and movies, and music mode for faithful stereo music playback
Optical input for playback of digital audio from game consoles (xbox360, PS3,) and other, similarly equipped devices
Remote control pod for volume adjustment, 3D/music mode selection, muting and digital/analog input selection
Pricing and availability
The soundscience rockus 3D|2.1 speaker system will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $249.95.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini