VisionTek Launches The CandyBoard Wireless Mini Keyboard
VisionTek Products, LLC today announced the North American launch of the CandyBoard their wireless mini keyboard with integrated touch pad, with plug & play 2.4GHz frequency USB dongle. The keyboard is slightly bigger than the classic American candy bar and complements your collection of typical home remote controls. It features 69 keys and a "capacitive-sensing" touchpad that's comparable to a real notebook touchpad, which eliminates the need for a separate mouse. The media center PC is becoming the in-home library for movie storage and play back, creating a need for smaller and more efficient remote navigation. The VisionTek CandyBoard features backlit LEDs keys to use in low-light environments, making it a perfect complement to any home theater PC or family room game console.
The VisionTek CandyBoard is the perfect HTPC accessory and offers full Windows Media compatibility. "The integration between your home computer and your television entertainment system creates a need for more mobile and user-friendly peripherals." Stated, Mark Bilson, VP of Sales. "Web based content has ballooned in the last year and only promises to explode in the next decade. I can honestly envision a CandyBoard in every family room across America." In addition to compatibility with the PC, the VisionTek CandyBoard is fully compatible with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The need for text and search capabilities in the console environment is magnified, as more web based content becomes readily available via these platforms. Compatibility doesn't stop with the PC and console, the CandyBoard is also compatible with Mac systems and Linux based environments too.
The CandyBoard features are simple and efficient, incorporating a rechargeable Li-ion battery to provide longer performance between charges. The signal is more than ample for most rooms, ranging up to thirty (30) feet of transmission with a full QWERTY Keyboard to enable all commands right from the finger tips. "It has an innovative touchpad that completely eliminates the need for a mouse." Remarked, Jeff Hoeft, VP of Product Development. "Most users have bulky wireless keyboards and mice for use with their entertainment computers, but the CandyBoard takes care of all those needs in the size smaller than a standard TV remote control." The CandyBoard also features a built in laser pointer for boardroom or lecture style settings that demand full control over a PC while presenting to a captive audience.
The VisionTek CandyBoard has an MSRP of $89.99. VisionTek's products are being distributed by D&H, D&H Canada and Ingram Micro for resellers and will be available directly to consumers at Amazon, Buy.com, Dell.com, NCIX, Newegg, and other leading PC outlets in North America.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 'leak' reveals September release date
- Last Galaxy S8 leak before launch - the box
- I hope Destiny 2's leaked poster is fake, and here's why
- Apple's red iPhones extremely popular in - China!
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter