Kanzi¬ô Enables Rapid Creation of 3D UI's for Android Devices
Kanzi¬ô Enables device manufacturers to radically improve user experience of Android OS based mobile devices in minimal time and with ease
Espoo, Finland - August 25, 2010. Rightware Oy, world renowned 3D graphics specialist, announced today that its Kanzi¬ô User Interface solution has reached beta and now supports devices with the Android operating system. Device manufacturers now can do rapid graphical user interface development with immediate deployment to target devices saving time and cutting costs.
Android and most other modern mobile operating systems have adopted native OpenGL ES graphics API; however, until now, 3D graphics designers and 3D programmers have been required to manually program because proper tools have not been available. Kanzi solution is sophisticated middleware which enables these teams to become radically more productive and produce a better end product.
Kanzi provides the missing link between today's leading 3D graphics content creation tools (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya and Softimage) and target devices. Artists can easily export their designs from these software packages to Kanzi Tool using COLLADA data format. Designers then rapidly compose the actual user interface application and apply advanced 3D graphics effects within the Kanzi Tool itself. A desktop windows version of the Kanzi runtime is embedded into the tool bringing a real-time view of the final application directly to the desktop. This feature eliminates the need to continuously build the project to target a device during development in order to inspect it. Therefore, design cycle shortens substantially while the designer is better able to realize her vision.
Kanzi runtime can be integrated to a wide variety of target devices, even those with different operating systems such as Android, MeeGo and Symbian. Applications made with Kanzi Tool will execute properly in all these devices and provide greater return on investment for the application developer.
Kanzi features a unified pipeline for OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 1.x based 3D graphics and supports real-time streaming of data, vertex and fragment shaders, multi-texturing and dynamic lighting. There is also a versatile animation framework supporting key frame animations such as vertex, object and bone-based animations.
Kanzi¬ô is available immediately for qualified customers. Interested companies can request detailed pricing and licensing information by emailing email@example.com.
More information, including a downloadable demo for Android devices and screenshots about Kanzi¬ô, is available at http://www.rightware.com/kanzi.
Rightware serves the mobile, automotive and embedded industries with Kanzi¬ô solution for rapid 3D user interface design and deployment. Rightware also develops industry leading system performance analysis tools. The world renowned product portfolio includes 3DMark¬ģMobile for OpenGL ES 1.x and OpenGL ES 2.0, VGMark¬ģ for OpenVG 1.x, and SPMark¬ģ platform benchmark for Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile, Linux and mobile Java. Rightware is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Beijing and Shanghai.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity