Kanzi¬ô Enables Rapid Creation of 3D UI's for Android Devices
Kanzi¬ô Enables device manufacturers to radically improve user experience of Android OS based mobile devices in minimal time and with ease
Espoo, Finland - August 25, 2010. Rightware Oy, world renowned 3D graphics specialist, announced today that its Kanzi¬ô User Interface solution has reached beta and now supports devices with the Android operating system. Device manufacturers now can do rapid graphical user interface development with immediate deployment to target devices saving time and cutting costs.
Android and most other modern mobile operating systems have adopted native OpenGL ES graphics API; however, until now, 3D graphics designers and 3D programmers have been required to manually program because proper tools have not been available. Kanzi solution is sophisticated middleware which enables these teams to become radically more productive and produce a better end product.
Kanzi provides the missing link between today's leading 3D graphics content creation tools (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya and Softimage) and target devices. Artists can easily export their designs from these software packages to Kanzi Tool using COLLADA data format. Designers then rapidly compose the actual user interface application and apply advanced 3D graphics effects within the Kanzi Tool itself. A desktop windows version of the Kanzi runtime is embedded into the tool bringing a real-time view of the final application directly to the desktop. This feature eliminates the need to continuously build the project to target a device during development in order to inspect it. Therefore, design cycle shortens substantially while the designer is better able to realize her vision.
Kanzi runtime can be integrated to a wide variety of target devices, even those with different operating systems such as Android, MeeGo and Symbian. Applications made with Kanzi Tool will execute properly in all these devices and provide greater return on investment for the application developer.
Kanzi features a unified pipeline for OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 1.x based 3D graphics and supports real-time streaming of data, vertex and fragment shaders, multi-texturing and dynamic lighting. There is also a versatile animation framework supporting key frame animations such as vertex, object and bone-based animations.
Kanzi¬ô is available immediately for qualified customers. Interested companies can request detailed pricing and licensing information by emailing email@example.com.
More information, including a downloadable demo for Android devices and screenshots about Kanzi¬ô, is available at http://www.rightware.com/kanzi.
Rightware serves the mobile, automotive and embedded industries with Kanzi¬ô solution for rapid 3D user interface design and deployment. Rightware also develops industry leading system performance analysis tools. The world renowned product portfolio includes 3DMark¬ģMobile for OpenGL ES 1.x and OpenGL ES 2.0, VGMark¬ģ for OpenVG 1.x, and SPMark¬ģ platform benchmark for Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile, Linux and mobile Java. Rightware is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Beijing and Shanghai.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now