Kanzi Enables Rapid Creation of 3D UI's for Android Devices
Kanzi Enables device manufacturers to radically improve user experience of Android OS based mobile devices in minimal time and with ease
Espoo, Finland - August 25, 2010. Rightware Oy, world renowned 3D graphics specialist, announced today that its Kanzi User Interface solution has reached beta and now supports devices with the Android operating system. Device manufacturers now can do rapid graphical user interface development with immediate deployment to target devices saving time and cutting costs.
Android and most other modern mobile operating systems have adopted native OpenGL ES graphics API; however, until now, 3D graphics designers and 3D programmers have been required to manually program because proper tools have not been available. Kanzi solution is sophisticated middleware which enables these teams to become radically more productive and produce a better end product.
Kanzi provides the missing link between today's leading 3D graphics content creation tools (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya and Softimage) and target devices. Artists can easily export their designs from these software packages to Kanzi Tool using COLLADA data format. Designers then rapidly compose the actual user interface application and apply advanced 3D graphics effects within the Kanzi Tool itself. A desktop windows version of the Kanzi runtime is embedded into the tool bringing a real-time view of the final application directly to the desktop. This feature eliminates the need to continuously build the project to target a device during development in order to inspect it. Therefore, design cycle shortens substantially while the designer is better able to realize her vision.
Kanzi runtime can be integrated to a wide variety of target devices, even those with different operating systems such as Android, MeeGo and Symbian. Applications made with Kanzi Tool will execute properly in all these devices and provide greater return on investment for the application developer.
Kanzi features a unified pipeline for OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 1.x based 3D graphics and supports real-time streaming of data, vertex and fragment shaders, multi-texturing and dynamic lighting. There is also a versatile animation framework supporting key frame animations such as vertex, object and bone-based animations.
Kanzi is available immediately for qualified customers. Interested companies can request detailed pricing and licensing information by emailing email@example.com.
More information, including a downloadable demo for Android devices and screenshots about Kanzi, is available at http://www.rightware.com/kanzi.
Rightware serves the mobile, automotive and embedded industries with Kanzi solution for rapid 3D user interface design and deployment. Rightware also develops industry leading system performance analysis tools. The world renowned product portfolio includes 3DMark®Mobile for OpenGL ES 1.x and OpenGL ES 2.0, VGMark® for OpenVG 1.x, and SPMark® platform benchmark for Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile, Linux and mobile Java. Rightware is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Beijing and Shanghai.
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis