AMD and TigerDirect Host Simulcast to Unveil the VISION Experience Center
Sunnyvale, Calif. -8/24/2010
WHAT: AMD (NYSE:AMD) is deploying the next chapter in Retail 2.0 evolution with the introduction of the VISION Experience Center (VEC) by AMD during a simulcast and do-it-yourself computer system build. The simulcast will be hosted by Tony Fernandez-Stoll, director of Regional Marketing, AMD and George Ali, vice president of Merchandising, Components & DIY, TigerDirect
The VEC is an interactive retail display designed to simplify the PC purchasing experience by allowing customers to select their new PC based on how they intend to use their computer rather than technical specs alone. The six-foot tall visual merchandising display features a touch-screen ATI Eyefinity interface and cloud-based services to help customers select the best AMD desktop or notebook components or platforms based on their computing needs.
WHEN: Saturday, August 28 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. EST
WHY: The retail shopping experience is changing. With the explosion of online shopping, consumers now demand more product comparison information quickly and conveniently at their fingertips to help make a purchasing decision. Whether building the ultimate gaming rig or upgrading a PC to handle today's workplace demands, the VEC by AMD simplifies the purchasing decision by allowing shoppers to gather detailed product information about AMD processors, graphics, chipsets and platforms that match their exact needs.
AMD QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center is a natural extension of VISION Technology from AMD that connects the way consumers purchase a PC with how they use a PC," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll. "By deploying the VISION Experience Center, AMD and its retail partners create a better informed consumer and ultimately a simplified purchasing decision for our customers."
TigerDirect QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center by AMD exemplifies the very premise of Retail 2.0," said George Ali. "By leveraging innovative technology, we help provide customers access to all the information they need during the buying process, which ultimately gives them a richer shopping experience."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser dethrones 'Force Awakens' views
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs