AMD and TigerDirect Host Simulcast to Unveil the VISION Experience Center
Sunnyvale, Calif. -8/24/2010
WHAT: AMD (NYSE:AMD) is deploying the next chapter in Retail 2.0 evolution with the introduction of the VISION Experience Center (VEC) by AMD during a simulcast and do-it-yourself computer system build. The simulcast will be hosted by Tony Fernandez-Stoll, director of Regional Marketing, AMD and George Ali, vice president of Merchandising, Components & DIY, TigerDirect
The VEC is an interactive retail display designed to simplify the PC purchasing experience by allowing customers to select their new PC based on how they intend to use their computer rather than technical specs alone. The six-foot tall visual merchandising display features a touch-screen ATI Eyefinity interface and cloud-based services to help customers select the best AMD desktop or notebook components or platforms based on their computing needs.
WHEN: Saturday, August 28 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. EST
WHY: The retail shopping experience is changing. With the explosion of online shopping, consumers now demand more product comparison information quickly and conveniently at their fingertips to help make a purchasing decision. Whether building the ultimate gaming rig or upgrading a PC to handle today's workplace demands, the VEC by AMD simplifies the purchasing decision by allowing shoppers to gather detailed product information about AMD processors, graphics, chipsets and platforms that match their exact needs.
AMD QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center is a natural extension of VISION Technology from AMD that connects the way consumers purchase a PC with how they use a PC," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll. "By deploying the VISION Experience Center, AMD and its retail partners create a better informed consumer and ultimately a simplified purchasing decision for our customers."
TigerDirect QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center by AMD exemplifies the very premise of Retail 2.0," said George Ali. "By leveraging innovative technology, we help provide customers access to all the information they need during the buying process, which ultimately gives them a richer shopping experience."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now