AMD and TigerDirect Host Simulcast to Unveil the VISION Experience Center
Sunnyvale, Calif. -8/24/2010
WHAT: AMD (NYSE:AMD) is deploying the next chapter in Retail 2.0 evolution with the introduction of the VISION Experience Center (VEC) by AMD during a simulcast and do-it-yourself computer system build. The simulcast will be hosted by Tony Fernandez-Stoll, director of Regional Marketing, AMD and George Ali, vice president of Merchandising, Components & DIY, TigerDirect
The VEC is an interactive retail display designed to simplify the PC purchasing experience by allowing customers to select their new PC based on how they intend to use their computer rather than technical specs alone. The six-foot tall visual merchandising display features a touch-screen ATI Eyefinity interface and cloud-based services to help customers select the best AMD desktop or notebook components or platforms based on their computing needs.
WHEN: Saturday, August 28 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. EST
WHY: The retail shopping experience is changing. With the explosion of online shopping, consumers now demand more product comparison information quickly and conveniently at their fingertips to help make a purchasing decision. Whether building the ultimate gaming rig or upgrading a PC to handle today's workplace demands, the VEC by AMD simplifies the purchasing decision by allowing shoppers to gather detailed product information about AMD processors, graphics, chipsets and platforms that match their exact needs.
AMD QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center is a natural extension of VISION Technology from AMD that connects the way consumers purchase a PC with how they use a PC," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll. "By deploying the VISION Experience Center, AMD and its retail partners create a better informed consumer and ultimately a simplified purchasing decision for our customers."
TigerDirect QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center by AMD exemplifies the very premise of Retail 2.0," said George Ali. "By leveraging innovative technology, we help provide customers access to all the information they need during the buying process, which ultimately gives them a richer shopping experience."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines