AMD and TigerDirect Host Simulcast to Unveil the VISION Experience Center
Sunnyvale, Calif. -8/24/2010
WHAT: AMD (NYSE:AMD) is deploying the next chapter in Retail 2.0 evolution with the introduction of the VISION Experience Center (VEC) by AMD during a simulcast and do-it-yourself computer system build. The simulcast will be hosted by Tony Fernandez-Stoll, director of Regional Marketing, AMD and George Ali, vice president of Merchandising, Components & DIY, TigerDirect
The VEC is an interactive retail display designed to simplify the PC purchasing experience by allowing customers to select their new PC based on how they intend to use their computer rather than technical specs alone. The six-foot tall visual merchandising display features a touch-screen ATI Eyefinity interface and cloud-based services to help customers select the best AMD desktop or notebook components or platforms based on their computing needs.
WHEN: Saturday, August 28 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. EST
WHY: The retail shopping experience is changing. With the explosion of online shopping, consumers now demand more product comparison information quickly and conveniently at their fingertips to help make a purchasing decision. Whether building the ultimate gaming rig or upgrading a PC to handle today's workplace demands, the VEC by AMD simplifies the purchasing decision by allowing shoppers to gather detailed product information about AMD processors, graphics, chipsets and platforms that match their exact needs.
AMD QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center is a natural extension of VISION Technology from AMD that connects the way consumers purchase a PC with how they use a PC," said Tony Fernandez-Stoll. "By deploying the VISION Experience Center, AMD and its retail partners create a better informed consumer and ultimately a simplified purchasing decision for our customers."
TigerDirect QUOTE: "The VISION Experience Center by AMD exemplifies the very premise of Retail 2.0," said George Ali. "By leveraging innovative technology, we help provide customers access to all the information they need during the buying process, which ultimately gives them a richer shopping experience."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives