Epson Introduces Two Projectors to Brighten the Bottom Line for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
PowerLite 1220 and 1260 Offer Easy-to-Use Features and True-to-Life Color at Affordable Price
LONG BEACH, Calif. - Aug. 23, 2010 - Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced two affordable, feature-packed, easy to use projectors for small and medium-sized businesses that will be sold exclusively through distribution, value-added reseller and direct market reseller channels. The Epson PowerLite® 1220 ($649*) features XGA resolution and the PowerLite 1260 ($749*) features widescreen WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) to fully utilize the capabilities of a widescreen notebook; both projectors offer 2600 lumens color and white light output2 for bright presentations and true-to-life color.
"Small and medium-sized businesses want their projectors not only to be easy-to-use and affordable, but also to deliver bright, true -to-life image quality," said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. "Epson designed the PowerLite 1220 and 1260 specifically to meet SMB needs and is making them available through the distribution channel to simplify integration into business environments."
The Epson PowerLite 1200-series offers features normally found in higher end models, including USB Plug 'n Play Instant Setup, which instantly projects images and presentations from a PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection - eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys. In addition, both models have an additional USB port for direct connection of a USB memory device, enabling PC-free slideshow capabilities and eliminating the need to carry a computer. The PowerLite 1260 also features an HDMI audio/video connection to provide high-definition video content for powerful entertainment possibilities.
More about the PowerLite 1220 and 1260
The new PowerLite 1200-series offers several performance and convenience features for entrepreneurs, small businesses and mobile professionals, including:
- Positioning Flexibility: Automatic keystone correction and 1.2x optical zoom for easy setup
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Easy Portability: Sleek, compact design and included carrying case offers easy portability and protection
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; the 3LCD light engine efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness3
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours4 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1220 and 1260 are currently available through national resellers, mail order, and distribution and are part of Epson ImageWaySM Partner Program. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services - two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite 1200-series projectors, visit http://www.epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Latest News Posts
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Blair Witch sequel announced, hits theaters on September 16
- Project Sonic announced for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo NX
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard