Velocity Micro® Announces Pre-Order Availability for 7" Cruz Reader
Innovative Ereader immediately for sale direct from CruzReader.com and select retailers, shipping in early September
Richmond, VA - August 20, 2010 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces immediate presales for the captivating Cruz Reader on Borders.com, NewEgg.com, and CruzReader.com. In addition to these presale opportunities, Cruz products will also be available at most major electronics and consumer products stores nationwide starting in September.
"We've spent nearly one year designing and refining the Cruz Reader to make it both remarkable and affordable," said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. "We're excited to see that hard work coming to fruition. We know the marketplace will be as well, due to the tremendous interest and support we have received from our customers and numerous retail partners. We've combined the color screen and functionality of a tablet with the affordability and portability of an e-reader, which is exactly what the market is craving."
The debut product from an affordable line-up of Android powered mobile devices, the $199.99, 7" Cruz Reader features a sleek design, touch screen display, and tons of multimedia features. At under one pound and about a half inch thick, the Cruz Reader goes everywhere you do, making it perfect for students, avid readers, frequent flyers, and techies. Additional features such as video playback and web browsing provide a much richer experience than traditional e-ink readers at a more reasonable price than a tablet.
Key specs and features include:
Crystal clear 4:3 ratio, 800x600 full color touch screen display - ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, plus web pages and movies
Google Android 2.0 Operating System
802.11b/g wifi and full Web browser support
720p High res video and high quality audio playback with no proprietary content restrictions
Built-in Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Alarm Clock and many other useful apps
Built in accelerometer for easy viewing from any angle
USB and SD card slot for upgradable storage, including 4GB SD card
Up to 10 hours of use and over 36 hours of standby time, with a replaceable battery
Access to over 2 Million ebooks via included Borders E-book library portal application
Enough storage for over 1000 books
In addition to the Cruz Reader, Velocity Micro will also be releasing the more powerful 7" Android based Cruz Tablet and kid friendly Cruz StoryPad later in September. For more information or to sign up for e-newsletter updates, visit CruzReader.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Total War: Warmahmmer trailer shows off the majestic Empire campaign
- Ubisoft confirms no Assassin's Creed for 2016
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance