Samsung Announces S2 Portable 3.0 External HDD with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interface
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, today announced its new 2.5-inch external hard disk drive (HDD), the S2 Portable 3.0. The new high performance external HDD features an on-board SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface and a 7200RPM spindle speed, delivering faster performance over preceding versions.
"As digital content continues to evolve from standard definition to HD and now 3D content, we expect the demand for high performance external HDDs to increase, especially among IT enthusiasts," Ho-Seong Lee, vice president, storage marketing, Semiconductor Business, Samsung Electronics. "The S2 Portable 3.0 delivers the benefits of top performance and quality, and as a result, lowers the power usage of the external hard drive also."
The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface offers a maximum transfer rate of 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) compared to the 480 megabits per second (Mbps) of USB 2.0. In addition, the 7200RPM rotation speed delivers high performance, while the low vibration Dynamic Balancing technology and the low noise technologies SilentSeek and NoiseGuard provide added convenience.
In addition, the on-board USB technology reduces the size of the hard disk casing and delivers reduced power consumption. The new external hard drive also features a preloaded software suite including Samsung Auto Backup, SecretZone and SafetyKey for data encryption and password protection.
The S2 Portable 3.0 is available in 320GB and 640GB capacities with shipments commencing this month to countries in the European Union.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar Games sues BBC over telemovie about being sued
- Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht asks judge for leniency, some freedom
- Google updates Chromecast app for Android and iOS
- Report: Charter close to dropping $55 billion for Time Warner Cable
- Working to create a driverless truck corridor from Mexico to Canada
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications