VIEWSONIC ANNOUNCES ENTIRE DISPLAY LINE TO MOVE TO LED
WALNUT, Calif. - August 17, 2010 - ViewSonic® Corp., a leading global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions, today strengthened the company's commitment to green computing by announcing that all of the company's PC display products will feature LED technology by early 2011. This is to offer its customers significant energy cost savings and improved performance and contrast from any ViewSonic solution.
"Consumers are rapidly transitioning to LED display products because they allow for lower energy costs while delivering brilliant picture quality," said Jeff Volpe, vice president and general manager, ViewSonic. "ViewSonic is leading the way towards a greener, more cost efficient future by delivering an array of green LED products for our customers to choose from."
Today's announcement comes just a few months after the company's May unveiling of the VX2250wm-LED, a 22" (21.5" vis.) LED monitor, which solidified the company's leadership position in LED technology. ViewSonic will continue to announce innovative, energy-efficient display products that use LED lighting in the coming months, including 3D LED displays.
ViewSonic remains committed to commercial partners who have standardized on specific CCFL displays, and will continue to produce those until the demand for them subsides.
ViewSonic® Corporation is a leading global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions. ViewSonic develops, markets and supports a broad range of innovative products, including LCD TVs, computers, LCD monitors, projectors, digital photo frames, digital signage displays and digital media players.
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio