VIKING MODULAR SOLUTIONS ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF ITS SLIM SATA SSD
Slim SATA is the Latest Embedded SATA SSD Designed to the JEDEC MO-297 Specification
RANCH, Calif. - August 16, 2010 - Viking Modular Solutions, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and leading manufacturer of innovative memory and flash solutions, today announced its Slim SATA SSD, a case-less, small form-factor and rugged SATA SSD, is available for immediate customer qualification.
Viking Modular Solutions' Slim SATA SSD is an embedded solid state drive solution that delivers outstanding performance in a standard form factor - and is less than half the size of a 2.5" SSD. With its 3Gb SATA II interface and sustained performance of up to 260 MB/s (megabytes per second), the Viking Modular Slim SATA SSD is ideal for telecommunications, gaming, embedded server & storage systems, field computing and defense & aerospace applications.
"With this optimized small form factor SSD, communications and embedded applications can realize the performance associated with full size SSDs," said Adrian Proctor, vice president of marketing at Viking Modular. "Now, system designers can take advantage of an ideal combination of performance, capacity, power, size and cost."
Viking Modular's Slim SATA SSD features intelligent write management techniques to optimize endurance, and offers densities of 25GB, 60GB and 120GB. Slim SATA's exclusive advanced controller features protection against normally catastrophic flash page and block failures, as well as data path CRC error detection for unparalleled data integrity.
Viking Modular's Slim SATA SSD conforms to the JEDEC MO-297 industry standard and uses a standard SATA connector. It is available in a RoHS-compliant package and can be configured using MLC or SLC flash technologies.
About Viking Modular Solutions
Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California, Viking Modular Solutions is focused on developing and delivering high technology products that optimize the value and performance of our customers' applications in the Network Infrastructure, Embedded, Defense & Aerospace and Enterprise markets. Founded in 1989, Viking Modular Solutions has been providing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with industry leading design, engineering, product support and customer service for more than 20 years. For more information, visit http://www.vikingmodular.com.
Latest News Posts
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS