VIKING MODULAR SOLUTIONS¬ô ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF ITS SLIM SATA SSD
Slim SATA is the Latest Embedded SATA SSD Designed to the JEDEC MO-297 Specification
RANCH, Calif. - August 16, 2010 - Viking Modular Solutions¬ô, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and leading manufacturer of innovative memory and flash solutions, today announced its Slim SATA SSD, a case-less, small form-factor and rugged SATA SSD, is available for immediate customer qualification.
Viking Modular Solutions' Slim SATA SSD is an embedded solid state drive solution that delivers outstanding performance in a standard form factor - and is less than half the size of a 2.5" SSD. With its 3Gb SATA II interface and sustained performance of up to 260 MB/s (megabytes per second), the Viking Modular Slim SATA SSD is ideal for telecommunications, gaming, embedded server & storage systems, field computing and defense & aerospace applications.
"With this optimized small form factor SSD, communications and embedded applications can realize the performance associated with full size SSDs," said Adrian Proctor, vice president of marketing at Viking Modular. "Now, system designers can take advantage of an ideal combination of performance, capacity, power, size and cost."
Viking Modular's Slim SATA SSD features intelligent write management techniques to optimize endurance, and offers densities of 25GB, 60GB and 120GB. Slim SATA's exclusive advanced controller features protection against normally catastrophic flash page and block failures, as well as data path CRC error detection for unparalleled data integrity.
Viking Modular's Slim SATA SSD conforms to the JEDEC MO-297 industry standard and uses a standard SATA connector. It is available in a RoHS-compliant package and can be configured using MLC or SLC flash technologies.
About Viking Modular Solutions
Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California, Viking Modular Solutions is focused on developing and delivering high technology products that optimize the value and performance of our customers' applications in the Network Infrastructure, Embedded, Defense & Aerospace and Enterprise markets. Founded in 1989, Viking Modular Solutions has been providing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with industry leading design, engineering, product support and customer service for more than 20 years. For more information, visit http://www.vikingmodular.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers