NAVIGON Marks First App Store Anniversary; Over 1 Million Users Worldwide
Celebrate MobileNavigator's One Year with 50 Percent off Birthday Promotion for Four Days
Sydney, Australia August 12, 2010 -NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile on-board navigation, today celebrates the first anniversary of its iPhone navigation app, MobileNavigator, in the iTunes App Store. In year one, NAVIGON's iPhone app transformed more than 1 million iPhones around the world into standalone navigation devices, placing the app in number one billing spots on iTunes Top Grossing, Staff Favorites, Rewind 2009 lists, and in Apple advertising campaigns. NAVIGON celebrates its anniversary with a 50 percent discount for four days only (August 12-15) on NAVIGON's Australian MobileNavigator app and most other country versions. The In App Purchase feature Panorama View 3D is also half price during this period.
The first full-featured on-board navigation app to launch on the iPhone platform, MobileNavigator transformed the way iPhone users navigate. "MobileNavigator combines the functionalities of a standalone navigation device with the elegance of the iPhone platform," said Gerhard Mayr, NAVIGON vice-president worldwide mobile phones & new markets. "Part of our success is dedication to consistently innovate the navigation market with new possibilities and delivery through free updates. In its first year, MobileNavigator Australia led the navigation application market with its four cost-free, major updates that included over 20 new functions."
NAVIGON brings over 19 years of experience to the navigation market and to developing for the iPhone platform. With each app update, the German based company set new standards for the iPhone navigation market, making it the most feature rich navigation application on the iPhone platform today. Feature highlights and milestones of MobileNavigator include first to market features such as Reality View Pro?, providing photographic images of complex highway interchanges and exits and Clever Parking, helping drivers to find parking options nearby. MobileNavigator also integrates the iPhones connectivity capabilities with connected, in-app services like Google Local Search, live weather information and Connection to Facebook and Twitter. The In App Purchase Panorama View 3D provides impressive 3D views of the environment using NASA elevation data. NAVIGON MyRoutes takes personalised route recommendations to a new level with intelligent, customised direction planning by analysing individual driving data to design customised directions, offering up to three choices with distance and ETA that are clearly displayed in-map for each.
NAVIGON MobileNavigator is on-board and saves the complete map material within the phone. The app relies on the GPS receiver, independent from a cell or wireless signal, providing directions and recalculations even when no cell phone signal is available.
Pricing & Availability
To kick off its second year in the App Store, NAVIGON is celebrating for four days (August 12-15) with a half-price promotion for The Australian MobileNavigator App. The In App Purchase option Panorama View 3D is also 50 percent off.
MobileNavigator Australia: $44.99 instead of $89.99.
Panorama View 3D: $7.49 instead of $14.99
MobileNavigator 1.6.0 is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. The App also runs on first generation iPhone and iPod Touch, but third party accessories for GPS reception are required for these devices. iOS4 multitasking is supported by the iPhone 4 and 3GS only.
NAVIGON AG a world-leading provider of premium navigation technology. NAVIGON delivers software on mobile phone platforms and for the automotive industry as well as branded personal navigation devices. NAVIGON'S MobileNavigator is the most feature rich on-board navigation app on the iPhone platform. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON employs more than 400 worldwide with a presence in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South Africa. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines