Fractal Design Announces Define R3 Line of PC Cases
Fractal Design Announced the Define R3 - the successor to the best selling Define R2. Now available with a bunch of improvements, including improved cable routing, air flow and bigger hole in M/B plate for mounting CPU coolers. The Define R3 case is reaching new heights in combining stylish, contemporary design with maximum functionality and noise absorbing features. The minimalistic, yet stunning front panel design, fitted with noise absorbing material on the inside, creates an aura of exclusivity.
The patent pending feature ModuVent, in which you can choose whether to have side and top panels open or not, makes the case appealing for users seeking optimal silence, as well as the performance hungry ones. The sleek black interior is matched with pre-fitted, dense noise absorbing material on the side panels, efficiently absorbing noise and vibrations. You can fit an astonishing total of eight hard drives into this case, using the user friendly HDD-trays. All painted in a nice white color and using black silicone mounts. PSU is mounted in the bottom of the case, with a convenient pull-out filter beneath it.
Are you one of those users always ending up with a case full of tangled cables? No more. The Define R3 offers a convenient and good looking way of hiding them away. The motherboard has rubber covered holes in which you can easily route the cables behind the motherboard.
Improvements from R2:
Improved air flow with updated fans
Improved noise absorbing material
Bigger hole in M/B plate for mounting of CPU Coolers
Improved cable routing possibilities
Reset button, located behind the front panel door
Many small quality improvements, including improved scratch resistant coating
Availiable colors: Pearl Black, Titanium Grey, Silver Arrow, and Arctic White.
Stunning front panel design
Patent pending ModuVent design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
8 white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
A total of 7 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120/140mm in bottom)
2x 120mm Fractal Design 120mm fans included
Fan controller for 3 fans included
Easily removable front fan filters with clip-on holders for 120mm fans
Supports graphic card lengths up to circa 290mm and CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm
Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location.
When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm.
8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
On top of front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA and Audio I/O
No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)
M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
7x expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
Case size (WxHxD): 207.40x440x521.2mm
Net weight: 12.50kg
For more information, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Square Enix online store celebrates 15 years with a Super Sale
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus at Unity event
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance