AMD and Advanced Technology Investment Company of Abu Dhabi to Create Leading-Edge Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
Mubadala Development Company intends to increase investment in financially-stronger AMD, which is simultaneously unlocking the value of its manufacturing assets.
On Oct. 7, 2008, AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company announced the intention to create a new global enterprise, The Foundry Company, to address the growing global demand for independent, leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing. There is a strong shift to foundries occurring - particularly to foundries with the capacity to produce devices using leading-edge process technologies. With The Foundry Company, AMD will be able to unlock the value of its world-class manufacturing capability - by making it available to a growing community of fabless semiconductor companies.
The Foundry Company: A U.S. Headquartered Global Enterprise
The Foundry Company will begin with key strengths needed to build a successful leading-edge manufacturing company: a history of manufacturing excellence through AMD, committed capital, talented workforce and intellectual capital, and a strong, long-term technology partnership with IBM.
To scale capacity, The Foundry Company intends to proceed with a planned capacity expansion in Dresden, Germany. In addition, the company plans, subject to the transfer of previously approved New York State incentives, to begin construction on a new state-of-the-art facility in Saratoga County, New York, creating more than 1,465 highly-skilled, advanced manufacturing jobs and stimulating the creation of thousands more local jobs. Once operational, the New York facility will be the only independently-managed leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing foundry in the United States.
AMD Delivers on Asset Smart to Become Financially Stronger and More Focused on Design and Development
With The Foundry Company, AMD will unlock the value of its manufacturing excellence to emerge financially stronger and more focused on the design and development of the next generation of innovation based on the Fusion of computing and graphics processing. AMD is the only company in the world with a proven track-record of innovation in both x86 CPU and graphics technologies. Upon closing of this transaction, AMD will be able to direct the company's intellectual energy to helping customers create differentiation and value.
Additional Information and Where to Find It
AMD will file a proxy statement pursuant to which AMD's board of directors will solicit proxies in connection with seeking AMD stockholder approval of the issuance of AMD shares and warrants pursuant to the Master Transaction Agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Investors and security holders are urged to read the proxy statement when it becomes available and other relevant documents filed with the SEC because they will contain important information. Security holders may obtain a free copy of the proxy statement, when AMD files it with the SEC in the coming weeks, and other documents filed by AMD with the SEC at the SEC's web site at http://www.sec.gov. The proxy statement and other documents may also be obtained free of charge by contacting AMD Investor Relations at email@example.com or by telephone: (408) 749-4000. Certain executive officers and directors of AMD have interests in the transaction that may differ from the interests of AMD stockholders generally. These interests will be described in the proxy statement when AMD files it with the SEC in the coming weeks.
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20