AMD and Advanced Technology Investment Company of Abu Dhabi to Create Leading-Edge Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
Mubadala Development Company intends to increase investment in financially-stronger AMD, which is simultaneously unlocking the value of its manufacturing assets.
On Oct. 7, 2008, AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company announced the intention to create a new global enterprise, The Foundry Company, to address the growing global demand for independent, leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing. There is a strong shift to foundries occurring - particularly to foundries with the capacity to produce devices using leading-edge process technologies. With The Foundry Company, AMD will be able to unlock the value of its world-class manufacturing capability - by making it available to a growing community of fabless semiconductor companies.
The Foundry Company: A U.S. Headquartered Global Enterprise
The Foundry Company will begin with key strengths needed to build a successful leading-edge manufacturing company: a history of manufacturing excellence through AMD, committed capital, talented workforce and intellectual capital, and a strong, long-term technology partnership with IBM.
To scale capacity, The Foundry Company intends to proceed with a planned capacity expansion in Dresden, Germany. In addition, the company plans, subject to the transfer of previously approved New York State incentives, to begin construction on a new state-of-the-art facility in Saratoga County, New York, creating more than 1,465 highly-skilled, advanced manufacturing jobs and stimulating the creation of thousands more local jobs. Once operational, the New York facility will be the only independently-managed leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing foundry in the United States.
AMD Delivers on Asset Smart to Become Financially Stronger and More Focused on Design and Development
With The Foundry Company, AMD will unlock the value of its manufacturing excellence to emerge financially stronger and more focused on the design and development of the next generation of innovation based on the Fusion of computing and graphics processing. AMD is the only company in the world with a proven track-record of innovation in both x86 CPU and graphics technologies. Upon closing of this transaction, AMD will be able to direct the company's intellectual energy to helping customers create differentiation and value.
Additional Information and Where to Find It
AMD will file a proxy statement pursuant to which AMD's board of directors will solicit proxies in connection with seeking AMD stockholder approval of the issuance of AMD shares and warrants pursuant to the Master Transaction Agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Investors and security holders are urged to read the proxy statement when it becomes available and other relevant documents filed with the SEC because they will contain important information. Security holders may obtain a free copy of the proxy statement, when AMD files it with the SEC in the coming weeks, and other documents filed by AMD with the SEC at the SEC's web site at http://www.sec.gov. The proxy statement and other documents may also be obtained free of charge by contacting AMD Investor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: (408) 749-4000. Certain executive officers and directors of AMD have interests in the transaction that may differ from the interests of AMD stockholders generally. These interests will be described in the proxy statement when AMD files it with the SEC in the coming weeks.
Latest News Posts
- Project NanoXia, a German-designed desk with two high-end PCs inside
- TweakTown Deals: Father's Day Gift Guide
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Internet playboy celebrity called out - Dan Bilzerian shares morals
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015