Active Media Products Expands DOM Product Line with Two New Low-Profile SATA Modules
7-Pin, Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs Offer Up to 32GB of Flash Storage
Fremont, California - August 9, 2010 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs, DOMs and USB drives, today announced two new 7-pin SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drives featuring a right angle SATA connector for mounting parallel to the motherboard in low-profile enclosures. The new Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs are built with an SMI SSD controller and MLC NAND flash that deliver sequential read speeds up to 90MB/sec and write speeds up to 50MB/sec.
"With the addition of the Type-4 and Type-5 modules we now have a complete selection of SATA DOMs in capacities from 8GB to 32GB, including vertical and low-profile mounting, 7-pin and 22-pin SATA headers, and right and left offsets to fit in virtually any server or embedded application," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "We accomplished this with just three PCB designs, as the Type-1 and 2 use the same PCB, just with different connector positioning that offsets the module in a different direction. We used a similar 2-in-1 design for the Type-4 and 5 DOMs, so we have less validation work and greater flexibility in responding to OEM requirements."
A DOM, also referred to as an FDM (Flash Disk Module), is a small flash based storage drive that plugs directly into an industry standard port on most motherboards. Because they are SATA compliant, they can be easily adapted to virtually any application including embedded computers, industrial computers, and networking and military applications where high reliability and excellent resistance to dust, shock, vibration and temperature extremes is crucial. Their industry standard Serial ATA interface and very small dimensions make them easy to design in.
These new SATA flash modules are sampling now to OEMs directly through AMP or through Amazon. They are expected to be in mass production by September 1. Approximate sample prices are as follows: 8GB models $68, 16GB models $88, 32GB models $166. OEM pricing is negotiable.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing advanced new media products that improve performance and reliability and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in industrial DOMs, small form factor SSDs and manufactures the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- NASA says private space efforts to reach Mars will need support
- TSMC aiming for 10nm production next year, followed by 7nm in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't use Battlelog, has offline singleplayer
- Rockstar fixes login problems with the first patch for GTA V
- Sony Xperia Z4 teased thanks to WikiLeaks' dump of internal Sony docs
- Asrock 990FX Fatality Killer - 2X ASUS R9 290 DIRECT CU2 OC Crossfire Problem
- MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives