Active Media Products Expands DOM Product Line with Two New Low-Profile SATA Modules
7-Pin, Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs Offer Up to 32GB of Flash Storage
Fremont, California - August 9, 2010 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs, DOMs and USB drives, today announced two new 7-pin SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drives featuring a right angle SATA connector for mounting parallel to the motherboard in low-profile enclosures. The new Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs are built with an SMI SSD controller and MLC NAND flash that deliver sequential read speeds up to 90MB/sec and write speeds up to 50MB/sec.
"With the addition of the Type-4 and Type-5 modules we now have a complete selection of SATA DOMs in capacities from 8GB to 32GB, including vertical and low-profile mounting, 7-pin and 22-pin SATA headers, and right and left offsets to fit in virtually any server or embedded application," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "We accomplished this with just three PCB designs, as the Type-1 and 2 use the same PCB, just with different connector positioning that offsets the module in a different direction. We used a similar 2-in-1 design for the Type-4 and 5 DOMs, so we have less validation work and greater flexibility in responding to OEM requirements."
A DOM, also referred to as an FDM (Flash Disk Module), is a small flash based storage drive that plugs directly into an industry standard port on most motherboards. Because they are SATA compliant, they can be easily adapted to virtually any application including embedded computers, industrial computers, and networking and military applications where high reliability and excellent resistance to dust, shock, vibration and temperature extremes is crucial. Their industry standard Serial ATA interface and very small dimensions make them easy to design in.
These new SATA flash modules are sampling now to OEMs directly through AMP or through Amazon. They are expected to be in mass production by September 1. Approximate sample prices are as follows: 8GB models $68, 16GB models $88, 32GB models $166. OEM pricing is negotiable.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing advanced new media products that improve performance and reliability and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in industrial DOMs, small form factor SSDs and manufactures the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines