Eurocom Introduces Line of Gamer-Friendly Notebooks with Switchable Graphics
Eurocom launches line of gamer-friendly notebooks with Optimus, the latest in graphics switching technology from NVIDIA. Eurocom's new line of gamer-friendly notebooks features NVIDIA's Optimus technology, which intelligently switches graphics between 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT330M and Intel HD integrated graphics to deliver optimal battery life (up to 240 minutes).
It also offers a choice of 15.6" and 17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 displays and comes with Intel Core i5 and Core i7 technology. The Eurocom Fox line is available for order today starting at $999 for 15.6" B5100M FOX and $1199 for 17.3" B7110 FOX model.
Eurocom FOX line of gamer-friendly notebooks features special VGA Optimus button that allows the user to switch between Optimus Mode (where GPU switching is automatic) and UMA Mode (for constant power-saving with he integrated GPU only).
In the UMA Mode system will use only integrated GPU (part of Intel's Arrandale technology) for maximum power-saving.
In the Optimus Mode will allow the system to automatically determine whether to use discrete GPU (dGPU) and integrated GPU (iGPU) depending on task and/or application.
Thus the user can completely control how the graphics system operates just by pressing the VGA button - the button light will indicate the current mode.
Green color: UMA Mode Activated. The system will use the integrated GPU (iGPU) only
Orange color: Optimus Model Activated. Optimus technology will determine automatically when to use the integrated GPU (iGPU) or discrete (dGPU).
There are also two separate GPU LED indicators displaying which GPU is in use; Green - Integrated GPU (iGPU) activated; Orange - Discrete GPU (dGPU) activated.
DISPLAY: 15.6" or 17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 LED Backlit Display
Intel Core i7 Mobile Processor 620M; 2.66GHz; 4MB L3 cache
Intel Core i5 Mobile Processor 540M; 2.53GHz; 3M L3 cache
Intel Core i5 Mobile Processor 520M; 2.40GHz; 3M L3 cache
Intel Core i5 Mobile Processor 430M; 2.26GHz; 3M L3 cache
Intel Core i3 Mobile Processor 350M; 2.26GHz; 3M L3 cache
Intel Core i3 Mobile Processor 330M; 2.13GHz; 3M L3 cache
CORE LOGIC: Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset
MEMORY: Up to 16GB of DDR3-1333; Two 204-pin SODIMM modules
VIDEO / GRAPHICS: Supports switchable graphics NVIDIA Optimus Technology; Intel integrated GMA HD GPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT330M
a) Intel GMA HD integrated GPU:
Intel DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology) automatically and dynamically allocates as much as up to 1748MB system memory (RAM) as needed to the integrated video system. DVMT returns whatever memory is no longer needed to the operating system.
DirectX 10 compatible
Enhanced Video and 3D Engine
Hardware Acceleration Decoded for Blu Ray
b) NVIDIA GeForce GT330M Discrete GPU:
1GB GDDR3 Video RAM
Direct X10.1 compatible
STORAGE: Supports 2 physical hard drives; up to 1.6TB of storage (1TB + 640GB); STA-3002nd hard drive via Optical Drive Bay. Optical Drive: Blu Ray Reader, Blu Ray Burner, DVD Burner
1x USB 3.0
3x USB 2.0
1x HDMI output
1x external VGA
1x Headphone jack
1x Microphone jack
1x S/PDIF output jack
1x RJ-45 LAN port
1x DC-in jack
CARD READER: 9-in-1 Card Reader
Auto Switching C adapter 90W, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19V, 4.74A
Standard 6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 48.84WH
Optional high capacity 6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 62.16WH
Battery life 240 minutes (UMA mode with 62.16WH battery)
For more information, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines