Kingston Digital Announces SSD Video Contest
"How Can a Kingston SSDNow Drive Change Your Life?" Challenge Offers $16,000 in Cash Prizes
Fountain Valley, CA -- July 19, 2010 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is holding a "How Can a Kingston SSDNow Drive Change Your Life?" video contest. The contest (for U.S. residents only) asks entrants to come up with the most creative way to demonstrate how using a solid-state drive can change one's daily life. Entries will be judged on creativity in presenting an idea or story in a video format. A total of $16,000 (U.S.) will be awarded.
"Kingston® encourages people to create videos based on real-life daily use of an SSD or something out of their imagination," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "We've heard from customers who praise the durability of the drive as they take their laptop to remote places. Other people have told us the speed and overall system responsiveness from the performance boost of the SSD has made their older PC feel like new again. Whatever it may be, Kingston might take one of the winning ideas from our video contest and create an entire marketing campaign around it."
Contestants are encouraged to use all of the props, graphics and other means necessary to create a video. The chief criteria for judges will be the video's concept and how it is brought to life on screen. Video entries should be uploaded to a hosting website such as http://www.youtube.com or http://www.vimeo.com. Next, go to http://www.kingston.com/ssd/videocontest and submit your video link and contact information to be automatically entered to win. A total of 13 winners will be chosen with first place receiving $7,500 and second place receiving $5,000.
The "How Can a Kingston SSDNow Drive Change Your Life?" contest begins July 19, 2010 and runs through September 20, 2010. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older. The contest is open to legal U.S. residents (void in Puerto Rico and Hawaii). Complete rules and information can be found at http://www.kingston.com/ssd/videocontest.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com
Latest News Posts
- The ESEA $200,000 CS:GO finals are on now
- Thermaltake Australia flies down modder for watercooling series
- NASA says private space efforts to reach Mars will need support
- TSMC aiming for 10nm production next year, followed by 7nm in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't use Battlelog, has offline singleplayer
- ASUS Laptop keyboard question
- TOSHIBA HDWC130XK3J1 not recognizedon 3.0 usb port
- E3C224-V4L not available anywhere?
- Drives showing incorrect free space after installing 32GB of memory
- Memtest sometimes pass, sometimes dont.
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives