NEC Display Solutions Adds New 23-inch LED-Backlit Monitor to its MultiSync E Series
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the introduction of the LED-backlit MultiSync E231W, an addition to the popular 23-inch desktop category. This desktop display is designed to benefit a variety of business customers with financial savings and power efficiency.
The EPEAT Gold rated MultiSync E231W provides users with advanced features that were created to enhance the desktop computing experience and increase productivity. Its widescreen display allows users to have several applications open simultaneously, while its fully-ergonomic design includes 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot for improved comfort during use.
This E Series model follows in the green footsteps of its sibling, the 22" MultiSync E222W, with ECO Mode to reduce power consumption and heat generation, and an ambient light sensor to detect external light sources and adjust the display's brightness accordingly. Users also have the ability to track their carbon footprint savings with the MultiSync E231W's carbon footprint meter, a unique tool that calculates the reduction of green gas emissions. Additionally, the Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) helps conserve energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by switching to a low power state or automatically powering down when the monitor is on but not in use.
"NEC is committed to continuing its strong leadership role within the industry by contributing to a greener environment with an eco-friendly display in the quickly-growing 23-inch category," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. "The MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel to increase energy savings by up to 40% in comparison to conventional CCFL-backlit LCD monitors. This is especially beneficial for our business customers in this economic downturn."
The widescreen MultiSync E231W includes the following features:
23-inch 16:9 W-LED backlit panel
1920 x 1080 full HD resolution
25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
4-way ergonomic stand with 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot
Full connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA and DVI inputs
ECO Mode and ambient light sensor
Carbon footprint meter
Intelligent Power Management (IPM) system and off timer
5-preset Dynamic Video Mode (standard, text, movie, game, photo)
Multi-directional OSD NaViKeyTM
Windows 7, Windows VistaTM Premium and Windows XP certified
NaViSet Administrator software for centralized control
EPEAT Gold rating
ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
TCO 5.0 compliance
The MultiSync E231W comes with a 3-year parts and labor limited warranty and will be available for August 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $299.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new tool fixes Start Menu issues in Windows 10
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines