Logitech Announces First Quarter Financial Results for FY 2011
FREMONT, Calif., July 28, 2010 and ROMANEL-SUR-MORGES, Switzerland, July 29, 2010 - Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced financial results for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2011.
Sales for Q1 FY 2011 were $479 million, up 47 percent from $326 million in the same quarter last year. Excluding the unfavorable impact of exchange rate changes, sales increased by 50 percent. Operating income was $12 million, compared to an operating loss of $35 million in the same quarter a year ago. Net income for Q1 was $20 million ($0.11 per share) compared to a net loss one year ago of $37 million ($0.21 per share). Gross margin for Q1 FY 2011 was 35.3 percent, up from 23.9 percent in Q1 FY 2010.
Logitech's retail sales for Q1 FY 2011 increased by 39 percent year over year, with sales up by 66 percent in the Americas, 24 percent in Asia and 21 percent in EMEA. OEM sales increased by 38 percent.
"Logitech's Fiscal Year 2011 is off to a strong start," stated Gerald P. Quindlen, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "We exceeded our sales and profitability targets and achieved our best-ever Q1 gross margin. And we had robust growth in most of our retail product categories, led by Harmony remotes and pointing devices. Based on our strong Q1 performance and improving consumer demand for our products, we are increasingly optimistic about our full-year performance for Fiscal Year 2011 and have raised our outlook accordingly. Furthermore, we are enthusiastic about the pending launch of Logitech products for Google TV and the potential for further upside to our FY11 sales outlook."
For Fiscal Year 2011, ending March 31, 2011, Logitech has raised its sales outlook from approximately $2.3 billion to the range of $2.3 to $2.35 billion. The target for operating income has been raised from approximately $156 million to a range of $160 to $170 million. Expected gross margin has increased from approximately 34 percent to the range of 34 to 35 percent. The tax rate, formerly expected to be approximately 18 percent, is now expected to be approximately 16 percent.
Earnings Teleconference and Webcast
Logitech will hold an earnings teleconference on Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and 14:30 Central European Summer Time. A live webcast of the call, along with presentation slides, will be available on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now