-- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge Works With iPhone 4 --
-- iPhone 4 Owners Can Enjoy Quick USB Port Charge While PC is On or Off --
Taipei, Taiwan, July 27, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and computing hardware solutions is proud to announce that GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology also works on the iPhone 4. GIGABYTE first announced On/Off Charge in April this year by demonstrating how it speeds up iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch charging from a PC's USB port whether the PC is operational or shut down.
A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge technology emulates iPhone 4 chargers by providing the current that the device requests, unlike standard USB ports whose current is capped. The result is a 40% quicker charge even if the PC is shut down. Tests in the GIGABYTE labs showed a maximum current of 0.92A to the new iPhone 4. A video demonstration is available here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MoboTV2010#p/a/u/0/tL6_tVGSSmY
"We want to assure our customers that they will be able to continue enjoying the benefits of On/Off Charge should they choose to upgrade to the new iPhone 4," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "On/Off Charge behaves just like iPhone 4 chargers in providing the amount of current that the device requests throughout its charge, without force-feeding or damaging the device battery."
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge comes in two flavors: a backwards compatible On/Off Charge driver* that was made available in April, 2010, from the official GIGABYTE utility web page, and an On/Off Charge front panel connector that is available on a full range of GIGABYTE motherboards. The On/Off Charge front panel connector features a special controller combined with the On/Off Charge driver that allows the computer to detect the current required by iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch products.
About 3x USB Power:
3x USB Power technology from GIGABYTE is designed to deliver the utmost compatibility and stability for USB devices by supplying sufficient power through a single USB port. This helps free-up USB ports for using multiple USB devices and is particularly useful with PC cases that only have 2 front panel USB ports. Please visit the GIGABYTE On/Off Charge website for more details.
Download GIGABYTE On/Off Charge from: http://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx. Learn more about GIGABYTE On/Off Charge from the official microsite: http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/185/on-off-charge.htm.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance