AMD Leads the Way at SIGGRAPH 2010 with Performance Gains and Comprehensive ISV Certifications
ATI FirePro graphics offer value, extra performance and reliability for Digital Content Creation community
SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles -7/26/2010
Today at SIGGRAPH 2010, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that its latest generation of ATI FirePro professional graphics cards have received 47 application certifications from leading ISVs. In addition, a soon to be released beta driver is expected to deliver considerable performance gains on popular computer aided design (CAD) and digital content creation (DCC) applications over the previous generation. End-users will have the opportunity to experience the latest ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions at the show. Demonstrations will showcase an extensive ecosystem of software partners and customers that bring to life superior realism, workflow productivity and application performance.
"AMD is committed to delivering outstanding application performance in ATI FirePro graphics solutions," said Janet Matsuda, senior director of AMD Professional Graphics. "For example, our latest driver update for ATI FirePro increases performance by as much as 81 percent1 over the previous generation, and in less than four months since the launch of our current generation of ATI FirePro graphics nearly 50 applications have been certified."
The new driver will offer users across the board performance increases for the latest generation ATI FirePro graphics on the LightWave 3D subset of the new SPECviewperf® 11 benchmark, with the entry-level ATI FirePro V3800 achieving a 62 percent performance gain and the ultra high-end ATI FirePro V8800 achieving an 81 percent gain, compared to the previous driver2. For more information on how ATI FirePro professional graphics measure up on SPECviewperf 10 and 11, please refer to this new AMD blog post.
Application certification for ATI FirePro hardware by leading publishers assures professionals these applications will perform reliably. Launched earlier this year, AMD's latest ATI FirePro graphics3, including ATI FirePro V3800, V4800, V5800, V7800, V8800 and M7820, have received certification for 47 partner applications from ANSYS, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Luxology, PTC, Side Effects, Siemens PLM and others.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X