AMD Leads the Way at SIGGRAPH 2010 with Performance Gains and Comprehensive ISV Certifications
ATI FirePro graphics offer value, extra performance and reliability for Digital Content Creation community
SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles -7/26/2010
Today at SIGGRAPH 2010, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that its latest generation of ATI FirePro professional graphics cards have received 47 application certifications from leading ISVs. In addition, a soon to be released beta driver is expected to deliver considerable performance gains on popular computer aided design (CAD) and digital content creation (DCC) applications over the previous generation. End-users will have the opportunity to experience the latest ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions at the show. Demonstrations will showcase an extensive ecosystem of software partners and customers that bring to life superior realism, workflow productivity and application performance.
"AMD is committed to delivering outstanding application performance in ATI FirePro graphics solutions," said Janet Matsuda, senior director of AMD Professional Graphics. "For example, our latest driver update for ATI FirePro increases performance by as much as 81 percent1 over the previous generation, and in less than four months since the launch of our current generation of ATI FirePro graphics nearly 50 applications have been certified."
The new driver will offer users across the board performance increases for the latest generation ATI FirePro graphics on the LightWave 3D subset of the new SPECviewperf® 11 benchmark, with the entry-level ATI FirePro V3800 achieving a 62 percent performance gain and the ultra high-end ATI FirePro V8800 achieving an 81 percent gain, compared to the previous driver2. For more information on how ATI FirePro professional graphics measure up on SPECviewperf 10 and 11, please refer to this new AMD blog post.
Application certification for ATI FirePro hardware by leading publishers assures professionals these applications will perform reliably. Launched earlier this year, AMD's latest ATI FirePro graphics3, including ATI FirePro V3800, V4800, V5800, V7800, V8800 and M7820, have received certification for 47 partner applications from ANSYS, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Luxology, PTC, Side Effects, Siemens PLM and others.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard