AMD Leads the Way at SIGGRAPH 2010 with Performance Gains and Comprehensive ISV Certifications
ATI FirePro graphics offer value, extra performance and reliability for Digital Content Creation community
SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles -7/26/2010
Today at SIGGRAPH 2010, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that its latest generation of ATI FirePro professional graphics cards have received 47 application certifications from leading ISVs. In addition, a soon to be released beta driver is expected to deliver considerable performance gains on popular computer aided design (CAD) and digital content creation (DCC) applications over the previous generation. End-users will have the opportunity to experience the latest ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions at the show. Demonstrations will showcase an extensive ecosystem of software partners and customers that bring to life superior realism, workflow productivity and application performance.
"AMD is committed to delivering outstanding application performance in ATI FirePro graphics solutions," said Janet Matsuda, senior director of AMD Professional Graphics. "For example, our latest driver update for ATI FirePro increases performance by as much as 81 percent1 over the previous generation, and in less than four months since the launch of our current generation of ATI FirePro graphics nearly 50 applications have been certified."
The new driver will offer users across the board performance increases for the latest generation ATI FirePro graphics on the LightWave 3D subset of the new SPECviewperf® 11 benchmark, with the entry-level ATI FirePro V3800 achieving a 62 percent performance gain and the ultra high-end ATI FirePro V8800 achieving an 81 percent gain, compared to the previous driver2. For more information on how ATI FirePro professional graphics measure up on SPECviewperf 10 and 11, please refer to this new AMD blog post.
Application certification for ATI FirePro hardware by leading publishers assures professionals these applications will perform reliably. Launched earlier this year, AMD's latest ATI FirePro graphics3, including ATI FirePro V3800, V4800, V5800, V7800, V8800 and M7820, have received certification for 47 partner applications from ANSYS, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Luxology, PTC, Side Effects, Siemens PLM and others.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines