AMD Leads the Way at SIGGRAPH 2010 with Performance Gains and Comprehensive ISV Certifications
ATI FirePro graphics offer value, extra performance and reliability for Digital Content Creation community
SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles -7/26/2010
Today at SIGGRAPH 2010, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that its latest generation of ATI FirePro professional graphics cards have received 47 application certifications from leading ISVs. In addition, a soon to be released beta driver is expected to deliver considerable performance gains on popular computer aided design (CAD) and digital content creation (DCC) applications over the previous generation. End-users will have the opportunity to experience the latest ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions at the show. Demonstrations will showcase an extensive ecosystem of software partners and customers that bring to life superior realism, workflow productivity and application performance.
"AMD is committed to delivering outstanding application performance in ATI FirePro graphics solutions," said Janet Matsuda, senior director of AMD Professional Graphics. "For example, our latest driver update for ATI FirePro increases performance by as much as 81 percent1 over the previous generation, and in less than four months since the launch of our current generation of ATI FirePro graphics nearly 50 applications have been certified."
The new driver will offer users across the board performance increases for the latest generation ATI FirePro graphics on the LightWave 3D subset of the new SPECviewperf® 11 benchmark, with the entry-level ATI FirePro V3800 achieving a 62 percent performance gain and the ultra high-end ATI FirePro V8800 achieving an 81 percent gain, compared to the previous driver2. For more information on how ATI FirePro professional graphics measure up on SPECviewperf 10 and 11, please refer to this new AMD blog post.
Application certification for ATI FirePro hardware by leading publishers assures professionals these applications will perform reliably. Launched earlier this year, AMD's latest ATI FirePro graphics3, including ATI FirePro V3800, V4800, V5800, V7800, V8800 and M7820, have received certification for 47 partner applications from ANSYS, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, Luxology, PTC, Side Effects, Siemens PLM and others.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup