NAVIGON's new product names point the way to the right navigation device
NAVIGON will be making it easier for its customers to choose the right navigation device with new product names. This innovative concept represents the key criteria for an easier purchase decision, again highlighting how the German-based innovator is continuing to play a pioneering role in the navigation industry.
Sydney, Australia, July 27, 2010 - NAVIGON will be giving its navigation devices catchy names in the future, thereby making it easier for customers to choose the right product for them. The new concept consolidates the devices into three segments, "Easy", "Plus" and "Premium". These names characterise the models according to their design, hardware and features. A two-digit numerical code, 40 or 70, identifies the various series, which differ by their display sizes. In the future, model names will therefore comprise a series number and device category, such as "70 Plus" or "70 Premium". NAVIGON is thus the first company in the industry to introduce product names that reflect the customer's point of view and specifically guide them to the navigation device right for them.
Occasional driver or frequent navigator?
"Our aim in everything we do is to make people's everyday mobile lives easier. This begins with choosing the right navigation device, as not every device will cater to the needs of every type of user," says Sven Klenner, director of marketing, and responsible for the new concept. "Some car drivers only need their navigation system for private excursions now and again. However, others travel a lot for work and drive considerably more efficiently with the help of convenient equipment and clever features." For optimal orientation when purchasing, NAVIGON has therefore taken the customer's point of view into account when developing the new names. "Feedback from retailers has helped us to do this." The new concept not only provides users with better orientation but also enables sales staff to provide better advice.
Easy, Plus and Premium
At the heart of the new concept is the division of the model series into the "Easy", "Plus" and "Premium" segments. Devices in the "Easy" category are primarily aimed at car drivers for whom navigating their way from A to B is the priority. They offer all the key basic features required for reliable route planning. For those for whom comfort is important, "Plus" navigation devices will provide high-level navigation. Compared to the entry-level models, these devices have more extensive features and hardware. The Premium models appeal to technology fans and frequent travellers who use their route managers every day because they are both designer pieces and high-tech products, all rolled into one.
"With the new system, we have developed an easy-to-follow guidance system to help people with a wide range of different needs to find their way through the jungle of products available at the point of sale," says Klenner. "NAVIGON is therefore providing navigation in every respect, total navigation, so to speak."
For further product information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com/portal/au/produkte/navigationssysteme/index.html
NAVIGON AG is one of the world's leading innovators of high-quality navigation devices standing for outstanding technology in attractive lines. Besides, the company offers GPS software solutions for well-known electronic brands as well as automotive software components for outstanding navigation systems. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON employs a total staff of more than 400 and is represented by its own offices in Asia, Europe and North America. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015