Crucial Announced as Platinum Sponsor of Popular LANFest Gaming Series
High-Performance Computer Memory Provider Lends Support to LANFest Sponsored by Intel
-- Crucial is a Platinum sponsor of LANFest Sponsored by Intel
-- LANFest Sponsored by Intel hosts computer gaming tournaments at sites
across the US, and has raised more than $300,000 for charity
-- LANFest attendees have an opportunity to win awesome prizes like
Crucial(R) Ballistix(R) memory, Crucial solid-state drives, and Crucial
swag like the Crucial "Memory Hawg" T-shirts and the limited-edition
-- In addition to LANFest, Crucial sponsors many LAN events globally
FREMONT, Calif., July 26, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced that Crucial is a Platinum sponsor of LANFest Sponsored by Intel. The sponsorship gives LANFest event attendees an opportunity to win excellent prizes such as Crucial Ballistix memory and Crucial solid-state drives, plus unique Crucial swag, including Crucial "Memory Hawg" T-shirts and limited-edition Crucial Snuggies(TM). Crucial is a longtime supporter of the LAN (local area network) gaming community, sponsoring PC gaming events across North America, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
"Competitive PC gamers understand that you are only as fast as the hardware installed in your rig," said Fred Waddel, Crucial.com general manager. "High-performance hardware upgrades like Crucial Ballistix Tracer(R) memory and Crucial RealSSD C300 solid-state drives offer gamers a significant advantage over the competition."
The popular LANFest computer gaming series holds events at sites across the United States. At LANFest events, hundreds of enthusiast PC gamers gather to compete in individual and team-based tournaments, meet face-to-face with online teammates, visit exhibitor booths to experience firsthand the latest in computer technology, and win computer hardware and prizes from sponsors.
Proceeds from LANFest Sponsored by Intel events benefit three charities: United Way, Child's Play, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. LANFest has raised more than $300,000 for charities. Learn more at the LANFest website.
About Lexar Media
Lexar Media is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar(R) and Crucial brand names. Lexar Media offers products in all major flash and DRAM memory categories, including consumer and enterprise-level USB flash drives, industry-leading memory cards for photography, and all popular form factors of memory cards for mobile devices. For computers, Lexar also offers a full range of DRAM computer memory upgrades for PCs and Mac(R) systems, and solid state drives (SSDs). An industry leader in innovative, patented flash memory technology, Lexar is vertically integrated with Micron Technology, one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications