Crucial Announced as Platinum Sponsor of Popular LANFest Gaming Series
High-Performance Computer Memory Provider Lends Support to LANFest Sponsored by Intel
-- Crucial is a Platinum sponsor of LANFest Sponsored by Intel
-- LANFest Sponsored by Intel hosts computer gaming tournaments at sites
across the US, and has raised more than $300,000 for charity
-- LANFest attendees have an opportunity to win awesome prizes like
Crucial(R) Ballistix(R) memory, Crucial solid-state drives, and Crucial
swag like the Crucial "Memory Hawg" T-shirts and the limited-edition
-- In addition to LANFest, Crucial sponsors many LAN events globally
FREMONT, Calif., July 26, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced that Crucial is a Platinum sponsor of LANFest Sponsored by Intel. The sponsorship gives LANFest event attendees an opportunity to win excellent prizes such as Crucial Ballistix memory and Crucial solid-state drives, plus unique Crucial swag, including Crucial "Memory Hawg" T-shirts and limited-edition Crucial Snuggies(TM). Crucial is a longtime supporter of the LAN (local area network) gaming community, sponsoring PC gaming events across North America, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
"Competitive PC gamers understand that you are only as fast as the hardware installed in your rig," said Fred Waddel, Crucial.com general manager. "High-performance hardware upgrades like Crucial Ballistix Tracer(R) memory and Crucial RealSSD C300 solid-state drives offer gamers a significant advantage over the competition."
The popular LANFest computer gaming series holds events at sites across the United States. At LANFest events, hundreds of enthusiast PC gamers gather to compete in individual and team-based tournaments, meet face-to-face with online teammates, visit exhibitor booths to experience firsthand the latest in computer technology, and win computer hardware and prizes from sponsors.
Proceeds from LANFest Sponsored by Intel events benefit three charities: United Way, Child's Play, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. LANFest has raised more than $300,000 for charities. Learn more at the LANFest website.
About Lexar Media
Lexar Media is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar(R) and Crucial brand names. Lexar Media offers products in all major flash and DRAM memory categories, including consumer and enterprise-level USB flash drives, industry-leading memory cards for photography, and all popular form factors of memory cards for mobile devices. For computers, Lexar also offers a full range of DRAM computer memory upgrades for PCs and Mac(R) systems, and solid state drives (SSDs). An industry leader in innovative, patented flash memory technology, Lexar is vertically integrated with Micron Technology, one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Safran and Valeo show autonomous vehicles can learn from drones
- Valve begins selling tickets to the upcoming Dota 2 The International
- Valve's SteamVR headset will be free for developers, for now
- Police in Maine bust suspect due to poorly advised social media posts
- 10TB SSDs are on their way thanks to Micron and Intel's new 3D NAND
- KLevv Urbane 2800MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- 4k Gaming with GTX 690 - Do I need to upgrade now?
- D1800M not recognizing LSI PCIe RAID card
- Haswell-E imploded, or something like that...
- X99 Extreme4 even less memory availabe to 32-Bit OS after 1.80 BIOS
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi