VIA Launches AMOS-5000 Series Device Development Kits
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced device development kits for the VIA AMOS-5000 series, facilitating a more rational design infrastructure for a broad range of application-specific and fanless Em-ITX-based devices.
VIA AMOS-5000 series development kits combine application specific VIA EM-IO expansion modules with specially designed extendable aluminum chassis kits. This allows embedded OEM and ODM customers to easily and quickly develop a variety of fanless embedded box systems suited to for a range of applications.
"Our strategy is simple, we want to arm our customers with the means to succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "These AMOS-5000 series development kits are an exciting and original approach to system design that will help speed up design cycles and reduce overall development costs."
VIA AMOS-5000 series development kits are available now to project customers in three distinct packages, highlighted below:
VIA AMOS-5110 - Advanced Multimedia Applications
Featuring the VIA EMIO-3110 module, the VIA AMOS-5110 kit features advanced graphics and video processing with a dedicated DirectX 10.1 S3 Graphics 4300E graphics processor, 256MB of GDDR3 memory and support for VGA, dual DVI and dual HDMI display ports that offer up to six independently configurable displays with up to four separate content streams.
VIA AMOS-5110 is ideal for advanced digital signage, POI and gaming applications. Optional chassis support includes dual 2.5" SATA drive bay.
Dedicated DX10.1 S3 Graphics GPU
VGA, Dual HDMI and Dual DVI ports
TV Out + 8 Channel HD audio
Hardware accelerated HD video decoder
More information about the VIA AMOS-5110 can be found here.
VIA AMOS-5430 - Enhanced Connectivity and Communications
Using the VIA EMIO-3430 module, the VIA AMOS-5430 is designed specifically for modern vehicle, fleet management and logistics infrastructures, packing an expansive array of connectivity options including a 20 channel GPS receiver, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN. A PC card is included to offer further connectivity support through Cardbus (Card-32) and 16-bit (PCMCIA 21.1/JEDIA 4.2) cards.
Chassis customization includes supports for 2.5" hard drive bay with optional support for up to two additional SATA drives through storage bay chassis module.
20 channel GPRS module
Bluetooth Class 2
WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g
PCMCIA card expansion
To learn more about the VIA AMOS-5430 device development kit, please go to this page.
VIA AMOS-5210 - Stable and Versatile Industrial Applications
The VIA AMOS-5210 kit incorporates the VIA EMIO-3210 module and is designed for industrial applications and features a dedicated LPC super I/O controller providing six COM ports configurable with RS-232/422/485, 9-pin D-sub configurable connectors and two parallel ports.
Ideal for a broad range of industrial and factory automation applications, the VIA AMOS-5210 is shock and vibration prove to up to 50Gs and 5Grms and is also table and wall mountable.
Dedicated LPC Super I/O controller
6 COM ports (RS-232/422/485)
2 Parallel ports (25 pin D-sub connectors)
Details about the VIA AMOS-5210 device development kit can be found here.
The VIA EITX-3000
The VIA AMOS-5000 series is based on the VIA EITX-3000 which uses the Em-ITX specification and is suitable for a range of ultra-thin embedded applications. The 64-bit VIA Nano processor and versatile VX800 media system processor combine to offer a potent range of I/O configurations as well as superscalar performance and software virtualization support.
All VIA EMIO expansion modules work seamlessly with the VIA EITX-3000. More details about the VIA EITX-3000 board can be found here.
Latest News Posts
- Sweedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!