Fujitsu Presents New Zero-Watt Technology PRIMERGY Server
New entry-level PRIMERGY TX100 S2 Tower Server expands environment-friendly product portfolio
Munich, July 21, 2010 -
With the PRIMERGY TX100 S2, Fujitsu presents a new, very energy-efficient entry-level server, at the price of a PC. The system is ideal for small and medium-size businesses that are seeking to increase the productivity of their office environment through the consolidation of IT tasks such as network printing, data archiving and the provision of network drives. In addition to a keen price-performance ratio, Fujitsu's Zero-Watt technology keeps energy consumption to a minimum, helping to further lower IT operating costs.
Zero-Watt Technology for Better Energy Efficiency
The new Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX100 S2 server comes with a Zero-Watt feature similar to the Zero-Watt PC also available from Fujitsu ( http://ts.fujitsu.com/products/0watt.html). Contrary to conventional servers, which draw a trickle of residual power even when they are fully switched off, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 draws 0.0 Watts when it is turned off. This reduces power consumption and heat output from the system cooling, and additionally protects the system from external hack attacks overnight and at weekends. Just like every Fujitsu server model, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is tested for around 5000 reboot cycles, meaning that units could theoretically be turned on and off every day for more than 13 years.
Even though it uses zero Watts when powered down, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 can still be managed, since the server can be scheduled to wake up in a preconfigured time frame when maintenance and updates can be performed.
The PRIMERGY TX100 S2 provides environmentally-friendly server capabilities for existing IT infrastructures, especially small offices. Power consumption during operation is also reduced by design, as the system has a maximum power draw of 250 Watts and features a power supply with a class-leading 88 percent energy efficiency. In recognition of its overall power-saving features, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is awarded two stars by Fujitsu's own stringent Green IT labeling scheme. Further information is available online at https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/wp-green-label.pdf .
ens-Peter Seick, Senior Vice President Datacenter Systems Product Division at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "Not all companies - especially medium-sized businesses - really need their server running around the clock. Although the energy savings from individual PRIMERGY TX100 S2 servers are not massive, we are striving to deliver server models that are as energy-efficient as possible, to help reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions and make a small contribution to an environmentally-aware society."
The new PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is available immediately.
Advantages and technical features:
· High performance and energy efficiency thanks to the use of energy-saving server components such as the Intel® 3420 chipset and the Intel® Xeon® processor 3400 series
· High server availability and data security through the onboard RAID 0/1 plus optional RAID 5/6 flexibility and the option to expand up to 16GB RAM and 4 PCI/PCIe Gen2 card slots
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says the Xbox One will be 'powered by Windows 10' soon
- Full 'Deadpool' red-band trailer is here
- Lexus reveal their Hoverboard in action
- Taylor Swift praises Apple Music, but still is no fan of Spotify
- Forza 6 shown off at 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One at Gamescom
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1
- AccelStor to Set New Standard of All-Flash Array Performance at Flash Memory Summit 2015