Fujitsu Presents New Zero-Watt Technology PRIMERGY Server
New entry-level PRIMERGY TX100 S2 Tower Server expands environment-friendly product portfolio
Munich, July 21, 2010 -
With the PRIMERGY TX100 S2, Fujitsu presents a new, very energy-efficient entry-level server, at the price of a PC. The system is ideal for small and medium-size businesses that are seeking to increase the productivity of their office environment through the consolidation of IT tasks such as network printing, data archiving and the provision of network drives. In addition to a keen price-performance ratio, Fujitsu's Zero-Watt technology keeps energy consumption to a minimum, helping to further lower IT operating costs.
Zero-Watt Technology for Better Energy Efficiency
The new Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX100 S2 server comes with a Zero-Watt feature similar to the Zero-Watt PC also available from Fujitsu ( http://ts.fujitsu.com/products/0watt.html). Contrary to conventional servers, which draw a trickle of residual power even when they are fully switched off, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 draws 0.0 Watts when it is turned off. This reduces power consumption and heat output from the system cooling, and additionally protects the system from external hack attacks overnight and at weekends. Just like every Fujitsu server model, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is tested for around 5000 reboot cycles, meaning that units could theoretically be turned on and off every day for more than 13 years.
Even though it uses zero Watts when powered down, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 can still be managed, since the server can be scheduled to wake up in a preconfigured time frame when maintenance and updates can be performed.
The PRIMERGY TX100 S2 provides environmentally-friendly server capabilities for existing IT infrastructures, especially small offices. Power consumption during operation is also reduced by design, as the system has a maximum power draw of 250 Watts and features a power supply with a class-leading 88 percent energy efficiency. In recognition of its overall power-saving features, the PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is awarded two stars by Fujitsu's own stringent Green IT labeling scheme. Further information is available online at https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/wp-green-label.pdf .
ens-Peter Seick, Senior Vice President Datacenter Systems Product Division at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "Not all companies - especially medium-sized businesses - really need their server running around the clock. Although the energy savings from individual PRIMERGY TX100 S2 servers are not massive, we are striving to deliver server models that are as energy-efficient as possible, to help reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions and make a small contribution to an environmentally-aware society."
The new PRIMERGY TX100 S2 is available immediately.
Advantages and technical features:
· High performance and energy efficiency thanks to the use of energy-saving server components such as the Intel® 3420 chipset and the Intel® Xeon® processor 3400 series
· High server availability and data security through the onboard RAID 0/1 plus optional RAID 5/6 flexibility and the option to expand up to 16GB RAM and 4 PCI/PCIe Gen2 card slots
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/
Latest News Posts
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller