- GIGABYTE Announces GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final in California on August 7 -
North America's 12 Top Overclockers Gear Up to Fight, Fans Get Ready to Predict the Champion
City of Industry, Calif., July 20, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards is pleased to announce the regional finals of the 3rd annual GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2010) are currently underway globally, with the North America Regional Final to be held at the Pacific Palm Golf Resort in City of Industry, California, U.S.A. on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final will see 12 top overclockers from USA and Canada battling it out on top-notch hardware from GIGABYTE, Intel, Kingston, and Thermaltake. The Champion and 2nd place winners from the GO OC North America Regional Final will compete with the winners from China, Europe, Asia-Africa and South America Regional Finals. This epic battle will take place this September in Taipei, Taiwan in front of hundreds of spectators, power users, press, industry analysts, and channel partners from around the globe who will witness world records being shattered on GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 motherboards with Intel® Core i7 CPUs.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final winners will not only have the honor of representing North American at the GO OC Global Final, but will also receive grand prizes of special designed GO OC system hardware valued at well over US$3,000 sponsored by GIGABYTE, Kingston, Thermaltake, iBuyPower and CyperPower.
The official OC hardware gear for the North America Regional Final is: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 motherboards, GV-N240D5-512I graphics cards, Intel® Core i7-980X Extreme Edition processors, Kingston KHX2250C9D3T1FK3/6GX memory, Kingston SNV425-S2/64GB SSDs, Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W PSUs, GIGABYTE K6800 keyboards and M8000X mice, providing a total high-performance platform for achieving extreme OC results.
- Live Broadcast on August 7.
Spectators who are not able to make it to the North America Regional Final will be able to follow the event via a live broadcast and videos provided by Overclocking-TV: http://www.overclocking-tv.com/live. Stay tuned, the Fight will begin soon!
- Make your prediction, get a chance to Win over $ 1,000 valued prizes
From July 21 to August 5, 2010, GIGABYTE will host an online competition: "Guess the winner" at the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final website. Just sign up on the GO OC official website (http://gooc2010.gigabyte.com/north-america/guess-winner.html ) and make your prediction for your chance to win GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 and X58A-UD3R motherboards, a cash prize of $200 for 1 winner, a cash prize of $100 for 3 winners and a GO OC Limited Edition T-shirt for 3 winners.
After the competition on August 11, GIGABYTE will randomly pick 9 lucky users who correctly predicted the winner. GIGABYTE will announce the winners of this online competition on the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final official website.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio