- GIGABYTE Announces GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final in California on August 7 -
North America's 12 Top Overclockers Gear Up to Fight, Fans Get Ready to Predict the Champion
City of Industry, Calif., July 20, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards is pleased to announce the regional finals of the 3rd annual GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2010) are currently underway globally, with the North America Regional Final to be held at the Pacific Palm Golf Resort in City of Industry, California, U.S.A. on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final will see 12 top overclockers from USA and Canada battling it out on top-notch hardware from GIGABYTE, Intel, Kingston, and Thermaltake. The Champion and 2nd place winners from the GO OC North America Regional Final will compete with the winners from China, Europe, Asia-Africa and South America Regional Finals. This epic battle will take place this September in Taipei, Taiwan in front of hundreds of spectators, power users, press, industry analysts, and channel partners from around the globe who will witness world records being shattered on GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 motherboards with Intel® Core i7 CPUs.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final winners will not only have the honor of representing North American at the GO OC Global Final, but will also receive grand prizes of special designed GO OC system hardware valued at well over US$3,000 sponsored by GIGABYTE, Kingston, Thermaltake, iBuyPower and CyperPower.
The official OC hardware gear for the North America Regional Final is: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 motherboards, GV-N240D5-512I graphics cards, Intel® Core i7-980X Extreme Edition processors, Kingston KHX2250C9D3T1FK3/6GX memory, Kingston SNV425-S2/64GB SSDs, Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W PSUs, GIGABYTE K6800 keyboards and M8000X mice, providing a total high-performance platform for achieving extreme OC results.
- Live Broadcast on August 7.
Spectators who are not able to make it to the North America Regional Final will be able to follow the event via a live broadcast and videos provided by Overclocking-TV: http://www.overclocking-tv.com/live. Stay tuned, the Fight will begin soon!
- Make your prediction, get a chance to Win over $ 1,000 valued prizes
From July 21 to August 5, 2010, GIGABYTE will host an online competition: "Guess the winner" at the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final website. Just sign up on the GO OC official website (http://gooc2010.gigabyte.com/north-america/guess-winner.html ) and make your prediction for your chance to win GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 and X58A-UD3R motherboards, a cash prize of $200 for 1 winner, a cash prize of $100 for 3 winners and a GO OC Limited Edition T-shirt for 3 winners.
After the competition on August 11, GIGABYTE will randomly pick 9 lucky users who correctly predicted the winner. GIGABYTE will announce the winners of this online competition on the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final official website.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20