- GIGABYTE Announces GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final in California on August 7 -
North America's 12 Top Overclockers Gear Up to Fight, Fans Get Ready to Predict the Champion
City of Industry, Calif., July 20, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards is pleased to announce the regional finals of the 3rd annual GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2010) are currently underway globally, with the North America Regional Final to be held at the Pacific Palm Golf Resort in City of Industry, California, U.S.A. on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final will see 12 top overclockers from USA and Canada battling it out on top-notch hardware from GIGABYTE, Intel, Kingston, and Thermaltake. The Champion and 2nd place winners from the GO OC North America Regional Final will compete with the winners from China, Europe, Asia-Africa and South America Regional Finals. This epic battle will take place this September in Taipei, Taiwan in front of hundreds of spectators, power users, press, industry analysts, and channel partners from around the globe who will witness world records being shattered on GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 motherboards with Intel® Core i7 CPUs.
The GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final winners will not only have the honor of representing North American at the GO OC Global Final, but will also receive grand prizes of special designed GO OC system hardware valued at well over US$3,000 sponsored by GIGABYTE, Kingston, Thermaltake, iBuyPower and CyperPower.
The official OC hardware gear for the North America Regional Final is: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 motherboards, GV-N240D5-512I graphics cards, Intel® Core i7-980X Extreme Edition processors, Kingston KHX2250C9D3T1FK3/6GX memory, Kingston SNV425-S2/64GB SSDs, Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W PSUs, GIGABYTE K6800 keyboards and M8000X mice, providing a total high-performance platform for achieving extreme OC results.
- Live Broadcast on August 7.
Spectators who are not able to make it to the North America Regional Final will be able to follow the event via a live broadcast and videos provided by Overclocking-TV: http://www.overclocking-tv.com/live. Stay tuned, the Fight will begin soon!
- Make your prediction, get a chance to Win over $ 1,000 valued prizes
From July 21 to August 5, 2010, GIGABYTE will host an online competition: "Guess the winner" at the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final website. Just sign up on the GO OC official website (http://gooc2010.gigabyte.com/north-america/guess-winner.html ) and make your prediction for your chance to win GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 and X58A-UD3R motherboards, a cash prize of $200 for 1 winner, a cash prize of $100 for 3 winners and a GO OC Limited Edition T-shirt for 3 winners.
After the competition on August 11, GIGABYTE will randomly pick 9 lucky users who correctly predicted the winner. GIGABYTE will announce the winners of this online competition on the GO OC 2010 North America Regional Final official website.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni