KOGAN SHAKES UP THE MARKET WITH $189 EBOOK READER
6" E INK DEVICE SHIPS WITH OVER 1,500 FREE BOOKS PRE-LOADED
MELBOURNE, Australia, 21 July 2010 -- Kogan Technologies today unveiled a magic and revolutionary 6" eBook Reader for only $189.
The Kogan 6" eBook Reader will sync with Adobe Digital Editions for managing eBook libraries, support 16 eBook file formats and most online book stores, and have a battery life of 10,000 page turns. It will ship free to customers during the presale period and is bundled with a leather case.
Ruslan Kogan said the latest product in the Kogan range would help bring digital eBook reading to the masses.
"We're seeing eBook readers dropping in price, but many are still far too expensive for mainstream use. When you have these devices up to and above $500, you're really asking too much of Australian consumers who want a light, easy and cheap way to read eBooks.
"Most importantly, it's open-market technology. This device isn't tied down to one content provider. Anyone is free to buy this, and download or buy eBooks from almost any online store and view them on our device.
"Not only are we beating the market on price, but we're also including some great features like multimedia playback and cramming in over 1,500 great books pre-loaded onto the device," Kogan said.
The Kogan 6" eBook Reader sells for $189 including free shipping during the pre-sale period. It is available today from http://www.kogan.com.au
About Kogan Technologies
Kogan Technologies is a wholly Australian owned and operated manufacturer and retailer of consumer electronics. Specialising in LCD and LED TVs, Blu-ray players, digital photo frames, PVRs, and digital video cameras, Kogan brings the best technology direct to consumers at unbeatable prices. By cutting out the middle men and selling direct through http://www.kogan.com.au, Kogan smash the competition on price. We regularly talk to our customers through our blog and Twitter, and release products based on these conversations.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA acquires Valve, announces Half-Life 3 release for 2016
- See the Grand Theft Auto 5 PC trailer with 60fps later this week
- US military wants dormant drones that can launch from ocean bottom
- Alcatel Onetouch Watch pre-orders now open, Apr. 30 launch date
- Gartner: Mobile app usage mellowing, as adoption matures
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- AMD's Future of Gaming: FreeSync, DirectX 12, LiquidVR, VR and more
- Asus n5 dh71 subwoofer problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi