Lexar Media Announces High-Capacity 128GB Echo SE Portable Backup Solution
Small-Sized Drive Provides Flash-Based, Secure Backup Solution for Netbook and Notebook Users
FREMONT, Calif., July 20, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced the addition of the 128GB Echo SE backup drive to the popular Echo line of portable backup solutions. Designed to protect valuable data on netbook and notebook computers, the Echo SE drive now offers up to 128GB of storage, allowing users to automatically back up more essential files - anytime, anywhere. Once backup is complete, the Echo SE drive easily slips into a pocket or bag for portability with the knowledge that critical files are backed up if a laptop is lost or stolen. More than 15 percent shorter than other 128GB backup drives, the high-performance Echo SE provides a way to easily backup data, with the reduced risk of accidental in-drive damage. For more information on the Echo SE backup drive, visit http://www.lexar.com/echo.
High-performance Echo SE is an ultra-portable drive that easily plugs into a computer's USB port to perform automatic backup of files, at read speeds up to 28MB/s and write speeds up to 10MB/s.* The drive is interoperable between Windows(R) XP, Windows Vista(TM), and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS(R) X operating systems, allowing data to be seamlessly accessible whether using a PC or Mac(R) computer. The Echo SE backup drive is available in capacities of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
"When it comes to backup solutions, a higher capacity means larger amounts of data can be easily and conveniently protected against loss,"
said Jyh Chau, senior product marketing manager, Lexar Media. "We are pleased to announce the addition of the 128GB drive to the Echo SE line. With its automatic, customizable software capabilities, consumers living a mobile lifestyle can now back up a large number of files on a single drive."
The 128 GB Echo SE drive is available through online retailers Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Buy.com, Insight.com, PCconnection.com and Zones.com, as well as on Lexar.com.
The Echo SE drive includes versatile, built-in backup software developed by Dmailer for Lexar. Key features include targeted file backup, which stores only specified files and reduces wasted disk space, and file versioning, which backs up a history of files and allows the retrieval of previous versions. The software also offers the ability to create multiple backup plans for multiple computers on one drive. Additionally, the software offers optional 128-bit AES encryption, enabling protection in the event of drive loss.
The Echo backup drive product line also includes the plug-and-stay, low-profile Echo ZE, one of the smallest USB drives in the world at 20.1 by 15.1 millimeters. The Echo ZE is available in capacities of 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB.
For more information please visit http://www.lexar.com.
About Lexar Media
Lexar Media is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar and Crucial(R) brand names. Lexar Media offers products in all major flash and DRAM memory categories, including consumer and enterprise-level USB flash drives, industry-leading memory cards for photography, and all popular form factors of memory cards for mobile devices. Under the Crucial brand, Lexar Media offers industry-leading solid-state drives (SSD) and more than 250,000 DRAM memory upgrades for 50,000 computer systems. For more information about Lexar brand products, visit http://www.lexar.com, and for Crucial brand products, visit http://www.crucial.com.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications