Lexar Media Announces High-Capacity 128GB Echo SE Portable Backup Solution
Small-Sized Drive Provides Flash-Based, Secure Backup Solution for Netbook and Notebook Users
FREMONT, Calif., July 20, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced the addition of the 128GB Echo SE backup drive to the popular Echo line of portable backup solutions. Designed to protect valuable data on netbook and notebook computers, the Echo SE drive now offers up to 128GB of storage, allowing users to automatically back up more essential files - anytime, anywhere. Once backup is complete, the Echo SE drive easily slips into a pocket or bag for portability with the knowledge that critical files are backed up if a laptop is lost or stolen. More than 15 percent shorter than other 128GB backup drives, the high-performance Echo SE provides a way to easily backup data, with the reduced risk of accidental in-drive damage. For more information on the Echo SE backup drive, visit http://www.lexar.com/echo.
High-performance Echo SE is an ultra-portable drive that easily plugs into a computer's USB port to perform automatic backup of files, at read speeds up to 28MB/s and write speeds up to 10MB/s.* The drive is interoperable between Windows(R) XP, Windows Vista(TM), and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS(R) X operating systems, allowing data to be seamlessly accessible whether using a PC or Mac(R) computer. The Echo SE backup drive is available in capacities of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
"When it comes to backup solutions, a higher capacity means larger amounts of data can be easily and conveniently protected against loss,"
said Jyh Chau, senior product marketing manager, Lexar Media. "We are pleased to announce the addition of the 128GB drive to the Echo SE line. With its automatic, customizable software capabilities, consumers living a mobile lifestyle can now back up a large number of files on a single drive."
The 128 GB Echo SE drive is available through online retailers Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Buy.com, Insight.com, PCconnection.com and Zones.com, as well as on Lexar.com.
The Echo SE drive includes versatile, built-in backup software developed by Dmailer for Lexar. Key features include targeted file backup, which stores only specified files and reduces wasted disk space, and file versioning, which backs up a history of files and allows the retrieval of previous versions. The software also offers the ability to create multiple backup plans for multiple computers on one drive. Additionally, the software offers optional 128-bit AES encryption, enabling protection in the event of drive loss.
The Echo backup drive product line also includes the plug-and-stay, low-profile Echo ZE, one of the smallest USB drives in the world at 20.1 by 15.1 millimeters. The Echo ZE is available in capacities of 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB.
For more information please visit http://www.lexar.com.
About Lexar Media
Lexar Media is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar and Crucial(R) brand names. Lexar Media offers products in all major flash and DRAM memory categories, including consumer and enterprise-level USB flash drives, industry-leading memory cards for photography, and all popular form factors of memory cards for mobile devices. Under the Crucial brand, Lexar Media offers industry-leading solid-state drives (SSD) and more than 250,000 DRAM memory upgrades for 50,000 computer systems. For more information about Lexar brand products, visit http://www.lexar.com, and for Crucial brand products, visit http://www.crucial.com.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY