Sharp to Introduce VR-100BR1 Triple-Layer Blu-ray Disc Media
Sharp Corporation will introduce the VR-100BR1 triple-layer Blu-ray Disc media (writeonce) that conforms to the BDXL format specification, the new multi-layer recordable Blu-ray Disc format, a world first. These new Blu-ray Discs will be available in Japan beginning July 30, 2010.
This disc media product conforms to the new BDXL format specification that extends the storage capacity of Blu-ray Discs to 100GB, twice the 50GB storage capacity of existing dual-layer discs. This new format enables recording approximately 12 hours of terrestrial digital TV broadcasts or approximately 8.6 hours of BS digital TV broadcasts. It expands the range of applications for Blu-ray Discs to include recording and saving long-duration HDTV programs or multiple episodes of serial dramas onto a single disc with the same high-definition image quality as the original.
1. World's first triple-layer Blu-ray Disc media featuring large 100GB recording storage capacity.
This disc media is the first in the world to conform to the new BDXL(TM) format specification that extends the storage capacity of Blu-ray Discs by increasing the number of recording layers. The dual-layer structure used up to now has been augmented with an additional layer where image data can be recorded to create a new triple-layer structure. This design doubles the recording storage capacity (to 100GB) compared to existing duallayer discs (50GB). This makes it possible to record approximately 12 hours of terrestrial digital TV broadcasts or approximately 8.6 hours of BS digital TV broadcasts in DR mode (recorded with the image quality exactly as broadcast), or store other long-duration video content, all on a single disc, while preserving the same high-definition image quality of the original.
2. "Hard coat" process provides peace of mind for users by protecting important video data from scratches and fingerprint contamination.
A "hard coat" process applied to the disc surface forms a protective barrier coating to protect stored data from scratches and dirt that may cause read and write errors.
3. Users can print directly on discs down to 24 mm inner diameter.
Wide print area of 24 mm inner diameter and 118 mm outer diameter for disc labeling. In addition to enabling vivid color labeling to be printed over nearly the entire disc, oilbased or water-based marker pens can be used to hand-write labels on these discs.
Product name: Triple-layer Blu-ray Disc media for video recording
Format: BD-R (write-once)
Model name: VR-100BR1
Storage capacity: 100GB
Recording time: Approximately 720 minutes for terrestrial digital broadcasting;
approximately 520 minutes for BS digital broadcasting
Introduction: Japan July 30, 2010
Latest News Posts
- YouTube for Android and iOS now supports 60FPS playback
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 preview includes the new Edge browser
- French official says Assange, Snowden could be allowed in France
- Star Citizen's Star Marine FPS mode delayed indefinitely
- Apple will now replace your battery once it hits 80% health
- How Do I Open The RAM Slot - X555LA Laptop
- LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - The Battle of Android
- BIOS Disk Boot Option settings don't hold (GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK)
- ASUS Z97 Pro-Gamer MB. M2 mounting point.
- Tt eSPORTS Isurus Pro In-Ear Gaming Headset Review
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive