Kingston Technology Adds 8GB microSDHC Cards to Growing Mobile Phone Memory Family
Larger Capacity Cards Make Your Mobile Phone a Personal Library
Sydney, Australia - September 30, 2008 - Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, announced the addition of 8GB microSD High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash memory cards to its mobile memory storage line. Shipping immediately, the new 8GB microSDHC cards offer greater storage options to the latest mobile phones and digital devices in the smallest footprint available.
"Consumers are demanding more from their mobile phones, expecting them to double as music and portable game players, instant cameras, email communicators, browsers and navigators. Having enough storage capacity, particularly in the form of memory cards, keeps internal device memory free to deliver all this multi-functionality," said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand. "Our 8GB microSDHC cards are so roomy that mobile users can easily move entire digital libraries from a PC to their mobile phones - and beyond."
Kingston 8GB microSDHC cards can store more than 1,500 digital songs*, more than 4,000 images from a 5MP cameraphone**, or up to eight hours of video***, greatly surpassing storage limits on mobile phones without Flash memory card slots.
The microSDHC format is emerging as the predominant mobile memory standard as more handset manufacturers, including HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, and Samsung, embrace it with compatible mobile phones. Recent models tested with the new Kingston 8GB microSDHC card include the BlackBerry Pearl 8120; the LG evV2 (VX9100) and Voyager (VX10000); as well as the Samsung BlackJack II (i617) and Glyde (U940). The new microSDHC 8GB card, Kingston part number is SDC4/8GB. Although the microSDHC format is identical in physical size to the original microSD card, microSDHC is compatible with microSDHC host devices only and not backward compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices or readers.
Backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support, Kingston microSDHC Flash memory cards are available through distributors, resellers and retailers.
Compliant: with the SD Association Specification, Version 2.00
Versatile: can be used as full-size SDHC or miniSDHC card with appropriate adapter
Compatible: with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers only
File Format: FAT 32
Reliable: lifetime warranty
Dimensions: 0.43? x 0.59? x 0.039? ( 11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
High-Speed Class Rating: Class 4: 4MB/sec. minimum sustained data transfer rate
Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Weight: 0.05 oz (1.4g)
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Product name: Kingston 8GB microSDHC
RRP for 4GB: AU$53, NZ$ $67
Product link and Photos: http://www.kingston.com/anz/flash/sdhc_micro.asp
For more detailed information on Kingston memory products, please visit the Kingston Web site.
Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information please consult the Kingston Flash memory guide at: http://www.Kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
* Approximate number of songs. Assumes 4MB file size. Results may vary based upon compression rates and devices used.
** Approximate number of standard JPEG pictures. Assumes 5MP file size. JPEG file sizes vary based upon camera model and default settings, as well as user-selected resolution and compression mode settings. Some host devices may not support all of the Flash storage capacities listed.
*** Approximate minutes of video clips. Assumes MPEG1 format, 1.5Mbps file size. Results may vary based upon video compression rate.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/anz
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset