NAVIGON Adds Real-Time Weather Information and Clever Parking to iPhone GPS App
New Release Also Includes Latest NAVTEQ Maps and iOS4 Multitasking Support
Sydney, July 13, 2010 - NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile phone on-board navigation, today announced a significant update for MobileNavigator, the most feature-rich navigation app available on the iPhone platform. In addition to the iOS 4 integration, update 1.6.0 delivers the following new features: Live Weather, Clever Parking, updated NAVTEQ maps, Destination Information Display, Pedestrian Mode Voice Guidance and Enhanced Reality View Pro.
"MobileNavigator 1.6.0 delivers an efficient and informative navigation experience, helping drivers arrive stress-free and on time," said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phones & new markets, NAVIGON. "Today MobileNavigator is the most feature-rich iPhone navigation app available. With the latest update we not only added new driving related features such as Weather Live and Clever Parking but also improved the way information is presented in our new Destination Information Display."
Live Weather updates report current weather conditions along the route and at the destination in real-time. Ensuring no unpleasant surprises, temperature and weather condition icons display in the route overview screen before and during navigation. With only a tap even a detailed three-day forecast is available. NAVIGON MobileNavigator is the first iPhone navigation app to include a Clever Parking feature giving drivers the advantage of knowing where and what the best parking options are available around the upcoming location. When approaching the destination, a "P" icon appears in the map view. In one tap an easy to scroll list of all available parking options is provided, including distance from destination for easy decision-making. The Destination Information Display provides an at-a-glance overview and summary of information pertaining to the destination. Users can customise what is shown in settings/options, such as parking locations, weather information and specific POI's such as all the restaurants that are around the upcoming destination. This allows users to get an overview of everything that is important to them ahead of time, so they know what to expect and where to go when arriving.
Compatible with iOS 4, update 1.6.0 includes the much anticipated multitasking* compatibility, which provides continuous navigation and turn-by-turn directions while running other applications simultaneously. Users can, for example, take a call without sacrificing navigation. While on the go, and receiving a call, the voice guided turn-by-turn directions automatically turn down to be heard only by the driver and one tap lets the screen continue to provide route and navigation information in the map mode. MobileNavigator runs in the background while accessing other apps and functionalities of the iPhone, so the app can continue to automatically calculate and update routing information and provide voice guided turn-by-turn directions. When switching back to MobileNavigator, the user picks up exactly the place where they left off. Other iOS4 integration includes enhanced Retina display buttons and icons for the iPhone 4.
For those who use MobileNavigator when not behind the wheel, Pedestrian Mode Voice Guidance delivers voice directions as well as voice over menu guidance. Now while in pedestrian mode users get the same "turn-by-turn" directions as if they were behind the wheel and can set the voice support to handle navigating within the applications menu options for a more hands free experience. Reality View 3D has also been enhanced, with a new look. Updated and refined graphics make the views of the road even more at-a glance friendly.
Version 1.6.0 Feature Highlights:
Latest News Posts
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017