Noctua releases new CPU coolers for Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron CPUs
Vienna, September 25th 2008 - Noctua today released four new CPU coolers for Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron processors. Optimized for use in dual socket systems, the new DX (Dual Xeon) and DO (Dual Opteron) versions of Noctua's highly successful NH-U12 and NH-U9 series introduce the premium quality quiet cooling performance that has become synonymous with Noctua to the world of professional workstations and servers.
"Maximum cooling performance at minimum noise levels and excellent reliability can be particularly important when it comes to high-end workstations and special server applications", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "Due to the ever-growing demand for our Xeon and Socket F mounting kits, we decided to design new, customized versions of our coolers that are completely tailor-made for use on Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron systems, especially dual socket configurations. Enter the DX/DO series!"
Just to name a few examples of the customizations for server and workstation usage, the NH-U12DX's and NH-U9DX's fin shape has been modified so that two coolers form an air duct on Dual Xeon setups, producing superior cooling performance at very low noise levels. Also, the all new SecuFirm2 mounting system for Socket 771 comes completely pre-installed in order to ensure maximum convenience and extremely short installation time. Fully compatible with the original Intel installation system, the new NH-U12DX and NH-U9DX work as a simple drop-in replacement for Intel's stock cooler.
Both the new DX series coolers and the NH-U12DO and NH-U9DO are fitted with Noctua's renowned NF-P12 and NF-B9 fans as well as NT-H1 thermal compound, making them complete premium quality packages that provide outstanding quiet cooling performance for Intel or AMD based workstations and servers.
All new coolers are available immediately. Bundles can be customized for system integrators.
Noctua comes from a cooperation between the Austrian Rascom Computerdistribution Ges.m.b.H and the Taiwanese Kolink International Corporation and has a development partnership with the Austrian Institute of Heat Transmission and Fan Technology (Österreichisches Institut für Wärmeübertragung und Ventilatorentechnik, ÖIWV). These connections form the key to the development of sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria": The partnership with the ÖIWV permits the application of latest technology in methods of scientific measurement instrumentation, calculation and simulation in the R&D process. Rascom's long, customer-orientated experience in developing and distributing sound-optimised high-end components ensures a clear focus on the users' needs. The use of Kolink's advanced manufacturing technology and ultra-modern production plants allows Noctua to efficiently implement its technical edge and provide solutions of the highest standard in quality and performance to the customer.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup