AMD Technology Helps Bring "Predators" To Life on the Big Screen
Troublemaker Studios, led by acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez, transforms imagination into reality with AMD
Sydney, Australia: July 9, 2010 - AMD announced that Troublemaker Studios is using Six-Core AMD Opteron processors and ATI FirePro graphics accelerators to create animations and special effects for the new film "Predators", now in theaters. Produced and executive directed by acclaimed film maker, Robert Rodriquez, Predators stars Academy Award winning actor Adrien Brody in a tale about a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet as prey.
With a long history in the movie making industry, Troublemaker Studios is using AMD technology to push the envelope of digital moving making and special effects in several blockbuster films.
In addition to "Predators", Rodriguez has looked to AMD technology to create six of his movies, including "Shorts", "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams", "Spy Kids 3D: Game Over", "Planet Terror", and "Sin City".
Rodriguez's next film, "Machete", is currently in production employing AMD technology as the movie's digital hardware backbone, and is expected to be released on September 3, 2010.
"Robert Rodriguez is a director that works like a live musician. He creates spontaneously in the moment," said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD. "His choice of technology and technology partnerships demands that the director's vision is supported without compromise or delays. The creative team at Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios use workstations based upon AMD's superior ATI FirePro V8800 graphics solutions and Six-Core AMD Opteron processors which enable the digital artist to create and iterate at the speed of thought."
"With the AMD platforms, my creative team has the freedom to quickly design and animate all the required concepts and designs," said Robert Rodriguez, Troublemaker Studios. "AMD's complete platform solution helps turn our visions into reality - we can easily and quickly manipulate images or scenes without the wait process previously associated with computer technology."
Advanced Micro Devices is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS