AMD Technology Helps Bring "Predators" To Life on the Big Screen
Troublemaker Studios, led by acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez, transforms imagination into reality with AMD
Sydney, Australia: July 9, 2010 - AMD announced that Troublemaker Studios is using Six-Core AMD Opteron processors and ATI FirePro graphics accelerators to create animations and special effects for the new film "Predators", now in theaters. Produced and executive directed by acclaimed film maker, Robert Rodriquez, Predators stars Academy Award winning actor Adrien Brody in a tale about a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet as prey.
With a long history in the movie making industry, Troublemaker Studios is using AMD technology to push the envelope of digital moving making and special effects in several blockbuster films.
In addition to "Predators", Rodriguez has looked to AMD technology to create six of his movies, including "Shorts", "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams", "Spy Kids 3D: Game Over", "Planet Terror", and "Sin City".
Rodriguez's next film, "Machete", is currently in production employing AMD technology as the movie's digital hardware backbone, and is expected to be released on September 3, 2010.
"Robert Rodriguez is a director that works like a live musician. He creates spontaneously in the moment," said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD. "His choice of technology and technology partnerships demands that the director's vision is supported without compromise or delays. The creative team at Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios use workstations based upon AMD's superior ATI FirePro V8800 graphics solutions and Six-Core AMD Opteron processors which enable the digital artist to create and iterate at the speed of thought."
"With the AMD platforms, my creative team has the freedom to quickly design and animate all the required concepts and designs," said Robert Rodriguez, Troublemaker Studios. "AMD's complete platform solution helps turn our visions into reality - we can easily and quickly manipulate images or scenes without the wait process previously associated with computer technology."
Advanced Micro Devices is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives