AMD Technology Helps Bring "Predators" To Life on the Big Screen
Troublemaker Studios, led by acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez, transforms imagination into reality with AMD
Sydney, Australia: July 9, 2010 - AMD announced that Troublemaker Studios is using Six-Core AMD Opteron processors and ATI FirePro graphics accelerators to create animations and special effects for the new film "Predators", now in theaters. Produced and executive directed by acclaimed film maker, Robert Rodriquez, Predators stars Academy Award winning actor Adrien Brody in a tale about a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet as prey.
With a long history in the movie making industry, Troublemaker Studios is using AMD technology to push the envelope of digital moving making and special effects in several blockbuster films.
In addition to "Predators", Rodriguez has looked to AMD technology to create six of his movies, including "Shorts", "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams", "Spy Kids 3D: Game Over", "Planet Terror", and "Sin City".
Rodriguez's next film, "Machete", is currently in production employing AMD technology as the movie's digital hardware backbone, and is expected to be released on September 3, 2010.
"Robert Rodriguez is a director that works like a live musician. He creates spontaneously in the moment," said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD. "His choice of technology and technology partnerships demands that the director's vision is supported without compromise or delays. The creative team at Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios use workstations based upon AMD's superior ATI FirePro V8800 graphics solutions and Six-Core AMD Opteron processors which enable the digital artist to create and iterate at the speed of thought."
"With the AMD platforms, my creative team has the freedom to quickly design and animate all the required concepts and designs," said Robert Rodriguez, Troublemaker Studios. "AMD's complete platform solution helps turn our visions into reality - we can easily and quickly manipulate images or scenes without the wait process previously associated with computer technology."
Advanced Micro Devices is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015