HighPoint RocketRAID 272x Series Beats LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240 in RAID 5 Write Performance by 95%
Milpitas, CA - July 2010- HighPoint Technologies is announcing the RocketRAID 272x series has defeated the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller in RAID 5 performance benchmark tests. The benchmarks reveal that the RocketRAID 272x series controllers have 95% higher performance than the LSI Entry Level MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller.
The RocketRAID 272x Series of SAS 6Gb/s RAID controllers offers both high I/O transaction and high bandwidth processing for use with cost-effective, high-capacity SATA drives or high-performance SAS and SSD drives. The RocketRAID 272x series utilizes a hardware XOR RAID Engine and connectivity with the latest x8 PCI-Express Gen 2 and are available from 4 to 8 ports with internal, external and hybrid connectivity. LSI offers the Enter Level MegaRAID SAS 9240 series which are available in 4 and 8 port configurations with internal connectivity.
95% Higher RAID 5 Performance
The benchmarking examined the RAID 5 performance of RocketRAID 272x and the LSI MegaRAID 9240-9 8i controllers by measuring 100% streaming reads and writes in large contiguous request. Streaming reads and writes are defined as contiguous read or write requests made to the disk(s) simulating media applications such as video or audio.
The benchmarks show that the RocketRAID 272x series delivered sustained RAID 5 write performance of 1276MB/s while the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i and LSI-2008 SAS 6Gb/s was only able to deliver 46MB/s in RAID 5 writes. The RocketRAID 272x series out performs the LSI controllers in RAID 5 writes by 95%.
The RocketRAID 272x hardware RAID XOR Engine delivers the performance needed for high demanding application environments. The LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i compromised it's RAID 5 write performance thus should never be considered for high demanding application environments.
Download the performance report at http://www.highpoint-tech.com
Latest News Posts
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis