HighPoint RocketRAID 272x Series Beats LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240 in RAID 5 Write Performance by 95%
Milpitas, CA - July 2010- HighPoint Technologies is announcing the RocketRAID 272x series has defeated the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller in RAID 5 performance benchmark tests. The benchmarks reveal that the RocketRAID 272x series controllers have 95% higher performance than the LSI Entry Level MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller.
The RocketRAID 272x Series of SAS 6Gb/s RAID controllers offers both high I/O transaction and high bandwidth processing for use with cost-effective, high-capacity SATA drives or high-performance SAS and SSD drives. The RocketRAID 272x series utilizes a hardware XOR RAID Engine and connectivity with the latest x8 PCI-Express Gen 2 and are available from 4 to 8 ports with internal, external and hybrid connectivity. LSI offers the Enter Level MegaRAID SAS 9240 series which are available in 4 and 8 port configurations with internal connectivity.
95% Higher RAID 5 Performance
The benchmarking examined the RAID 5 performance of RocketRAID 272x and the LSI MegaRAID 9240-9 8i controllers by measuring 100% streaming reads and writes in large contiguous request. Streaming reads and writes are defined as contiguous read or write requests made to the disk(s) simulating media applications such as video or audio.
The benchmarks show that the RocketRAID 272x series delivered sustained RAID 5 write performance of 1276MB/s while the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i and LSI-2008 SAS 6Gb/s was only able to deliver 46MB/s in RAID 5 writes. The RocketRAID 272x series out performs the LSI controllers in RAID 5 writes by 95%.
The RocketRAID 272x hardware RAID XOR Engine delivers the performance needed for high demanding application environments. The LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i compromised it's RAID 5 write performance thus should never be considered for high demanding application environments.
Download the performance report at http://www.highpoint-tech.com
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now