HighPoint RocketRAID 272x Series Beats LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240 in RAID 5 Write Performance by 95%
Milpitas, CA - July 2010- HighPoint Technologies is announcing the RocketRAID 272x series has defeated the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller in RAID 5 performance benchmark tests. The benchmarks reveal that the RocketRAID 272x series controllers have 95% higher performance than the LSI Entry Level MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller.
The RocketRAID 272x Series of SAS 6Gb/s RAID controllers offers both high I/O transaction and high bandwidth processing for use with cost-effective, high-capacity SATA drives or high-performance SAS and SSD drives. The RocketRAID 272x series utilizes a hardware XOR RAID Engine and connectivity with the latest x8 PCI-Express Gen 2 and are available from 4 to 8 ports with internal, external and hybrid connectivity. LSI offers the Enter Level MegaRAID SAS 9240 series which are available in 4 and 8 port configurations with internal connectivity.
95% Higher RAID 5 Performance
The benchmarking examined the RAID 5 performance of RocketRAID 272x and the LSI MegaRAID 9240-9 8i controllers by measuring 100% streaming reads and writes in large contiguous request. Streaming reads and writes are defined as contiguous read or write requests made to the disk(s) simulating media applications such as video or audio.
The benchmarks show that the RocketRAID 272x series delivered sustained RAID 5 write performance of 1276MB/s while the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i and LSI-2008 SAS 6Gb/s was only able to deliver 46MB/s in RAID 5 writes. The RocketRAID 272x series out performs the LSI controllers in RAID 5 writes by 95%.
The RocketRAID 272x hardware RAID XOR Engine delivers the performance needed for high demanding application environments. The LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i compromised it's RAID 5 write performance thus should never be considered for high demanding application environments.
Download the performance report at http://www.highpoint-tech.com
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives