VIA Takes Advanced 64-Bit Computing to the Factory Floor
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced it latest Mini-ITX board, the VIA EPIA-M840, designed for a range of embedded device designs including advanced industrial and factory management applications.
The VIA EPIA-M840 packs the latest 64-bit VIA Nano E-Series processor, dual Gigabit LAN, eight COM ports and support for two dual channel 24-bit LVDS displays, creating the ideal backbone for a range of embedded applications including intelligent industrial automation applications that integrate remote network access, network management and other advanced application management scenarios.
"The VIA EPIA-M840 exemplifies our commitment to bringing the latest technologies to key embedded market segments," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "By listening carefully to our customers we've been able to create a product that ticks all the boxes required to build the very latest intelligent industrial devices."
VIA EPIA-M840: For Intelligent Industrial Machines
Available in both 1.6GHz and a fanless 1.2GHz SKUs, the VIA EPIA-M840 Mini-ITX board features the latest VIA Nano E-Series processor, bringing native 64-bit software support, the industry's most efficient speculative floating point algorithm and full software virtualization support in an industry-leading low power architecture.
The VIA VX800 media system processor adds DirectX9 integrated graphics, HD audio, dual Gigabit networking and supports up to 3GB of DDR2 system memory. The VIA VX800 also offers advanced video acceleration for MPEG-2, WMV9 and VC-1 video formats, plus a VMR capable HD video processor.
Rear panel I/O includes dual Gigabit LAN ports, PS/2 support, a VGA port, two RS-232 5v/12v selectable COM ports, four USB 2.0 ports and audio jacks. On board pin headers provide 2 x dual channel 24-bit LVDS support (including backlight control), an additional six COM ports, a further two USB ports, LPT support, Digital I/O, SIR and LPC headers, a PCIe x4 slot and a Compact Flash socket.
For more information about the VIA EPIA-M840, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Samsung and NBC partner up to deliver 85 hours of Rio Olympics in VR
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card